Great Buy!

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

augusta

Great Buy!

Post by augusta »

On Amazon.com this morning they list 3 copies of The Proceedings.
All are used, but in "good condition". Two are selling for $14.99. One is selling for $15. I urge anyone who doesn't have a copy to get one. These are fantastic prices.

I do not have any ties whatsover to either 'The Proceedings' or Amazon.com.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:-?

NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, looked all over and can't find your name aynwhere in the book AUGUSTA. I believe you. :lol:

This proves that deals can be had. In most cases it take many years and a series of other considerations before a book earns it's value. At least to this buyer. If it is a must have and I have been searching for years without any success, then I will condiser fees of 100$ plus for a book that sold for 25$ not to long before.

Look at the Harry Potter English first edition of the first book in the series. Some dealers are asking upwards of 25,000$ for a book written only a couple of years ago. Is it worth it......no. Or is it? Funny market, book collecting......
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:smile:

As this post begins, "Great Buy". Not so sure about the book below.

What we have here is a "Galley Proof" or as book sellers discribe, "Uncorrected Proof". These are printed in a limited edition, given to the author and others, not for sale, for use as an official draft and to be returned with corrections or comments to the publisher.

Uncorrected Proofs may be published in numbers as little as 25 to a couple of hundred.

Below is an example of what this seller is asking for a Galley Proof of Harry Potter's first book. Almost a half mil.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDet ... 4%26y%3D22
Michael

Thank you

Post by Michael »

Augusta, thank you. Because of your posting, I went to eBay and bought a copy of The Proceedings, which I am reading now. I am enjoying it very much, and I want to thank you for your advice...Now, if I can just get an original Porter...
Q. "You have been on pleasant terms with your stepmother since then?"
A. "Yes sir."
Q "Cordial?"
A. "It depends upon one's idea of cordiality, perhaps."
Kat

Post by Kat »

My 2 favorites in that book are "The Hip-bath Collection" and "They Would Like To Have Been Cultured Girls."

That book used to sell for $125.
It's good the price has come back down to earth- at least for readers.