Lizzie Borden Lithograph

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Fargo

Lizzie Borden Lithograph

Post by Fargo »

Does anyone else have a copy of the Lizzie Lithograph available from the Fall River Historical Society?

I just got mine in the mail a few days ago. I love it. I didn't even know exactly what it was when I ordered it, because there was no description and no picture of it on the FRHS website.

All I knew was it had something to do with Lizzie. It is an artists collection of images that have to do with the case. It shows Central Church, 92 second street, Maplecroft, Oak Grove Cemetary, the New Bedford Court House, The A.J Borden Building, Emma's New Market Home among other Images. I like it enough that I am going to order another one. The artists name on the Lithograph is Victoria Mathiesen.
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Well, seeing that no one has answered my post, I guess none of you have one of these Lithographs.

I would strongly suggest you purchase one as you will not be dissappointed, they are very interesting and nice to look at. It is one of my favorite Lizzie acquistions.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Sorry Fargo.
I guess we are used to pictures or links- something easy to get us to the litho to take a look? :smile:
Nadzieja

Post by Nadzieja »

Hi Fargo, I went to the Fall River Hist. website & didn't see any lithographs. What did you look under to order it? Thanks
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

I just went to the FRHS website then Gift shop then Borden case. On Borden case it says Lithograph. Unfortunately there is no picture of what it looks like from the website.
Nadzieja

Post by Nadzieja »

Thanks Fargo, I went to the sight & looked it up. I ordered it & can't wait for it to come in so I can see it. Thanks again for the info.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

You're welcome. It is a colourfull drawing of Images. Let me know what you think of it when it arrives.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

I got my other Lithographs today. I had the first one laminated, but I will keep the others as they are.
Nadzieja

Post by Nadzieja »

I got the lithograph the other day & I must say I loved it. When we finish downstairs (if ever) I'm going to work on getting my library together. I know exactly what I want in it, I even had new curtains made for it. Of course right now they are carefully packed away. I'm keeping the lithograph in the original carton, so when the time comes I'll take it to be framed under glass & hang it up.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

This picture is not perfect, but this is the Lizzie Lithograph.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

If I'm not mistaken, Victoria Mathiesen is the artist who has produced several watercolor illustrated maps of local cities, such as Fall River, New Bedford, maybe Newport. The maps highlight both historical attractions and local businesses that purchase sponsorships to have their buildings included on the maps. Her work is quite nice.
I've met Kat and Harry and Stef, oh my!
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)