Ceramic and Neon Lizzie

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Fargo

Ceramic and Neon Lizzie

Post by Fargo »

Has anyone given any thought to a Lizzie ceramic house, the kind that lights up? We see lighted ceramic buildings for sale in the stores around Christmas time.

I saw a lighted ceramic Elvis graceland mansion on ebay awhile back, so there must be some way to have your own design made up.

We could have 92 second street, Maplecroft, Central church, the New Bedford court house and many more. ( Althought hthat could be a little extravagant ) :wink:

Awhile back I bought on of those neon Titanic signs on ebay. The image itself is not neon, it has a lighted tube in the frame, which lights up the image. The seller mentions that they custom make neon signs. I contacted them and they said that if I sent them a picture of what I wanted, that they could do it. I have being going to send a picture of the Lizzie house, but haven't done it yet. I guess I would have to explain what to put on it and what not to put on it. I don't know how detailed they might get as to the trees, etc.
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Well, I got my Neon Lizzie, it is pictured below.

We sent a few different scripts back and forth, before I decided on this one.

I got two of them, one white sign and one blue sign.

I told the seller that if they were to place this sign, or a similar one, up for sale on a regular basis, that it might sell well. I don't know if they will do it though.

Now I will work on Ceramic Lizzie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Let me know what you think of it. When I get my scanner I will take a picture of it lit up ond post it. This shown here is just the script.

The first design they sent me was pretty basic. I got them to add the shutters on the windows and to redo the doorway to look more like the real thing.

I just realized I goofed on the third floor shutters, as I didn't think there were any in 1892, but now I see that there were. There are none there now though.
Nadzieja

Post by Nadzieja »

Fargo, I like the sign, but I would really like to see a lit up version of the house. I think it would make a great night light.