Another eBay Bargain.

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

william

Another eBay Bargain.

Post by william »

Book for sale on ebay: "Fall River - An Authentic Narrative"
Seller wants fifty bucks per copy- free shipping! -- he has one hundred for sale

Your can purchase the same item from Barnes & Nobel for $8.73, shipping included.

Will they ever, never learn?
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:smile:

Yes William:

It's called price gouging. In this case there is no law against it but if I was the publisher or Patrica Caldwell who edited this edition I would be pissed. Very unethical, devious and unfair.

Below is another, even worst. It is listed on abe. This guy wants 80+ for the same 8 dollar book.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDet ... 46%26y%3D6

:farao:
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes William:

If you can be so kind as to forgive me for showing off my books, below is my copy of Catherine Williams narrative. It's a second edition (probably second printing) published one year after the first edition of 1833.

It does not contain Catherine's name anywhere in the book though?

It's a shaky but delightful little book.

For those interested, there's a great narrative on the subject in this quarter's Hatchet by Richard Behrens.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

And here's some additional grand standing William.

Below are photos of a book I just received in the mail this morning. Opening such packages can be just like Christmas. But if the condition is not there, it could be like a tax bill.

This one is in nice condition. What a great Lizzie Borden item. Signed no less. Quite scarce. An ebay treasure now residing on my shelf.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Good job, congratulations!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
http://books.google.com/books?id=wPocAA ... n&as_brr=1

Maybe this link will work to Full Text View on Google Books for the Catherine Williams Fall River: An Authentic Narrative.
It's downloadable.