Lizzie Borden Video Game

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Fargo

Lizzie Borden Video Game

Post by Fargo »

Has anyone ever come up with an idea for a Lizzie Borden video game ?

If I were to make one myself I would want to exclude having the actual murders in the game.

Maybe have the player as an outside Intruder who has to get out of the house without Lizzie or Bridget seeing him.

The player has to time it just right, hiding in different rooms without Bridget spoting him while she washes windows and looks inside. The Player must avoid Lizzie as well, as she makes her rounds, ironing hankerchiefs, sewing buttons and reading a magazine.

As you get to higher levels Bridget can look in the windows more frequently and Lizzie can make more rounds around the house.

At each higher level the Intruder has to be better at hiding in such places as the front hall closet.
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
1bigsteve

Post by 1bigsteve »

Cool idea, Fargo.

I would probably make the game with different possibilities; Lizzie did it and showing the different ways she could have done it; Bridget did it and how she could have; an intruder did it and how, both with and without Lizzie's knowledge. I would make it with different scenarios so the player could try to figure out how it could have been done and by whom. It would have a 3-D layout of the inside-outside of the house, barn, yard and town with all the known features, furniture, pear trees, wood pile, fence and landmarks. Of course the known facts would be set permanently in the game. You could not change those. In other words the bodies could not be moved around and the known time lines could not be monkeyed with. The player would have to play within the known facts of the case. It would be more of a "How Did It Happen" type of game rather than a fantasy game. There would be no car chases, nuclear bombs, two-way radios, skateboards, young kids saving the world, ray guns or "beam me up, Scotties."

-1bigsteve (o:
"All of your tomorrows begin today. Move it!" -Susan Hayward 1973
Tina-Kate

Post by Tina-Kate »

And a Maplecroft sequel!

Moving the stuff out of 2nd Street & up the Hill.

Moving Emma out in 1905.

How much land around French St can Lizzie purchase without consequences?

Parties with theatre people.

Will this person ostracize Lizzie or stay friends with her?

The possibilities are endless...

:lol:
“I am innocent. I leave it to my counsel to speak for me.”
—Lizzie A. Borden, June 20, 1893
Tina-Kate

Post by Tina-Kate »

I think there's a sims version out there we hear about from time to time. Found this reference today---

http://www.thesimsresource.com/download ... %20Borden/
“I am innocent. I leave it to my counsel to speak for me.”
—Lizzie A. Borden, June 20, 1893
augusta

Post by augusta »

I have thought of it, but lack the skills to do anything about it. It would make a mint.

I thought you had some good ideas, Fargo. Big Steve, YES! The known things would have to be un-changeable.

The characters that were involved that morning can appear when they're supposed to and say what they said. Would that be cool???! We'd get to see Hyman Lubinsky selling his ice cream - and see Ellen Eagan run to the outhouse! Dr. Handy and that "wild-eyed man". The searches! Try to find Lizzie's dress before she burns it in the stove. There's so much that could be done with it. And it would all be factual, too.

I think I'd start it on Tuesday night, when A & A got real sick.

YES, Tina-Kate! Maplecroft! It could be like part two on the game. "Movin' on up". The alleged party Lizzie gave for Nance. YES, Emma moving out!

Tina-Kate, THANK YOU for posting the Sims/Lizzie link! I hadn't heard of it before. We have the Sims game(s). I've never played it. Have you tried this Borden house game setting?