Preliminary Hearing in the Lizzie Borden Case

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Stefani

Preliminary Hearing in the Lizzie Borden Case

Post by Stefani »

A new edition is now available for sale for only $29.99. Published by PearTree Press. B&W interior. 7″ x 10″ format. 526 pages.

https://www.createspace.com/3365906

Created by Harry Widdows, Kat Koorey, and Stefani Koorey.

This new edition is in a smaller, more manageable size for reading in bed! The previous size was 8.5x11.

The Preliminary Hearing phase of the Commonwealth vs. Lizzie A. Borden began on August 25 and lasted until September 1, 1892. The copy given to Lizzie’s lawyer, Andrew Jennings, is the only one known to have survived. It has recently been discovered that this copy is, in fact, both incomplete and inaccurate, having been altered and edited for some long-forgotten reason. This new edition of the Preliminary Hearing combines a number of transcriptions from various sources in an effort to reproduce, as accurately and authentically as possible, the day-by-day proceedings of this all-important legal event in the history of the Borden murders of 1892. This new edition, for the first time, reads in the order in which the witnesses were called, includes the closing statements of the defense and prosecution and the judge’s summation and verdict, and contains the entirety of Lizzie’s own Inquest testimony which was read into the official record but not reproduced in the original transcription.

Read Mondo Lizzie!
https://lizzieandrewborden.com/MondoLizzie/

Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Harry

Post by Harry »

For those that haven't read the Preliminary hearing this is a good opportunity to get a hard copy.

Many things were allowed to be said in court in the Preliminary that were ruled as inadmissible at the Trial.
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find
Kat

Post by Kat »

Harry carried it to Fall River one trip and it was his reading material while at the B&B. :smile:

That was a great trip!

I miss the B&B! :batman:

BTW: That is a good book. The best source on the case, I think.
Nadzieja

Post by Nadzieja »

I just ordered this new edition. I'm almost finished with the older edition, but it's a little tough to hold the book with a cat sleeping in your lap.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:smile:

Yes, I like this new "re-issue" or second edition. It is smaller and easier to hold and carry around. I like the new cover color and the price offered by the new publisher makes acquiring a copy unchallenging.

Often there is much talk here on the forum about which books to read on the trail of Lizzie Borden.

A good start is to read a general introduction or treatise on the case, such as Radin, Lincoln, Kent, Spiering, (no Brown please, not just yet). Just one need be read.

After that your next bet would be this issue of the preliminary, along with the 3 volume set of the trial transcripts, "The Trial of Lizzie Andrew Borden", published by Pear Tree Press.

:study: