Great Book-Great Price-Now!

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

augusta

Great Book-Great Price-Now!

Post by augusta »

Listed on eBay this morning is a really good book - Judith Boss's "Fall River - A Pictorial History".

This book, which was recommended to me by the FRHS, isn't easy to find. I paid $55 for my copy and was glad to get it for that.

Today it's on eBay as "Buy it Now" for $33.13. The auction has 18 days to run, but I would jump on that price.

:study:
Please give to the Edwin Porter grave marker fund. See The Hatchet page to donate.
diana

Post by diana »

You're right, Augusta -- it is a pretty rare book. And I agree -- that 'buy now' price is a good one.

As Kat has pointed out previously on the forum, there are some errors in the book. On page 50, for example, it says the Fall River Historical building was donated to the society by David Anthony, but the donor was actually David Anthony Brayton.

But, still, it's great to see all those pictures of Fall River before, during, and after Lizzie's era.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Good find on the book Augusta!

Good find on an error, Diana!
Whilst in my role of fact-checker for Mr. Caplain's fine articles of Fall River history for The Hatchet I found several such incidences of error in Boss, comparing to Phillips and Fenner and Peck&Earl.