Lizzie Halloween Costume

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Mark A.

Lizzie Halloween Costume

Post by Mark A. »

Isn't this just a unique item. Yes, you too can be Lizzie herself this next Halloween.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 41798&rd=1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark A.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Pretty cool find Mark!!

I like the idea of the cleaver. Always had a little doubt it was a hatchet or axe that was used.
Nancie

Post by Nancie »

Wow that cleaver is huge! Don't think it would fit
with Detective Lange's scarf theory. However, a
flat-iron would! I have always had a feeling about
the flat iron being the murder weapon. Nice costume Mark!
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

I saw this costume in a local Halloween store...and nearly bought it. I am thinking next year I will. I didn't go to any Halloween parties, I stayed around home and watched the Discovery Channel Lizzie story.

Tracy..
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
Susan

Post by Susan »

Great, you found a pic of one, Mark! When I posted about it, I couldn't find a pic of the packaging. I saw this one and others of the "Living Dead" dolls costumes at Halloween stores, the "velvet" the costume is made from is very thin and looks like it would be really warm, too warm, it didn't look like it breathed at all. :smile:
augusta

Post by augusta »

I dressed as Lizzie one Halloween about 20 years ago. I put the costume together myself: a long black skirt I had anyway, a white blouse with just a little puff to the upper arm, black tight boots and carried a hatchet. My mother did my hair up old fashioned. Somebody took pictures of me by our Franklin fireplace and I tried to have a Lizzie look on my face. (My hair was already red.)

I didn't care for the costume that is for sale. It isn't very realistic. If I ever do it again, I'd try to find stuff that looked a little more believable. Thanks for posting it, Mark. I saw it earlier. It's really a good marketing idea. They probably sell a lot of them.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

augusta @ Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:20 am wrote: If I ever do it again, I'd try to find stuff that looked a little more believable.
:lol: bedford cord? drab? Andrew's Jacket??? :roll: oh my the discussions that could be had over the right drab :wink:
augusta

Post by augusta »

The Bedford Cord would be great. But only us Bordenites would understand its meaning. Maybe just go for the mutton sleeves and the general fashion of the day. How people think Lizzie probably looked.