BOOKS on ebay and elsewhere

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

mbhenty

BOOKS on ebay and elsewhere

Post by mbhenty »

:smile:

Yes, much talk has gone under the bridge on how many Porters survived.

Of course we are probably all off in the number.

Some, authors, writers, etc. get it wrong more than most of us. Probably searching for kudos and dramatics when writing their book. Even the publisher of the King Phillip Press was stated in an article that he searched a long while for a copy to use for his reprint. Well, it appears that he just did not look hard enough. They're all over the place.

Here is a copy on ebay.

What many fail to examine is how many copies crossed the pond. (Atlantic)

There's a slew of collectors in the UK, no doubt. Thus some were mailed there or purchased at book shows in America by British dealers. Shows like the Boston Antiquarian Book show.

Below is a copy being sold by a British seller. on ebay as we speak. 1000 cool big ones. Not in the best condition, but not many are.

And, there you have it.

:study:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

I wonder if there is a original pristine Porter out there somewhere, put, away untouched for years. I would guess the value of such a book might by much more than the others.

I heard that the quality of the original book was not that good to begin with, if that is true then I wonder if even a carefully stored Porter would be pristine.
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.