Lizzie Borden Tote Bag

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

icghosts

Lizzie Borden Tote Bag

Post by icghosts »

Still searching for a Lizzie Borden Tote Bag. Any ideas where I can find one
augusta

Post by augusta »

Rats. I thought you saw one and were gonna show us a picture.
They sell white or off-white plain tote bags in some stores (maybe try a craft store). Maybe it would be possible to make your own. You could trace something Borden-ish and then use fabric paints. I think I would take the photo I wanted to use along with the plain bag, and bring it into one of those places that does custom t-shirts. Maybe they could - if not do it - point you in the right direction. I'd also contact the B & B and see if they have anything like that in their souvenir shop. That could be a popular item if you wanted to go public with them.
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

Go to walmart and buy a plain canvas tote.

Then print out any Lizzie photo you like on iron on transfer paper and iron it on! You could have one with a bunch of pictures-- or just one. It would really be a cute way to carry things about---- I would dye that bag a gray color before ironing on-- but that is just me.

You could load up all your Lizzie books and documents to read and take it to the beach... How enchanting!

If you are handy at stitching you can embroider a hatchet on-- you can also use software to make cross stitch patterns etc. Just get a strong needle!

I am with Augusta with the Rats statement... I was ready to click a link and buy one!

I might just make one... I can just picture it in my mind!

The biggest expense would be the iron on transfer paper.... Those canvas bags are cheap and you can get them in various sizes
jamfaws

Post by jamfaws »

What does a tote bag look like?
lydiapinkham

Post by lydiapinkham »

Re. what tote bags look like: I think you would call it a carry-all: canvas, 2 handled, just big enough for a legal pad, pencils, and a copy of Rebello and your printout of the trial transcripts.

Cheers!
--Lyddie
augusta

Post by augusta »

Most tote bags are open at the top. I always hold out for one that has a zip top, so all my junk stays in it. "Tote" means "carry". L L Bean has fantastic ones that are a little pricey but wonderful. They're khaki and come with red handles or green; maybe more. Got that zipper top. And several sizes. I have a real big one, and a medium sized one. They have real small ones, like the size of a purse. I think I'll get me one of those. When I was in their store in Freeport, Maine I saw them and didn't think I'd have a use for one so small. But, yeah - it'd be great for shoving a paperback, a pen, papers, - stuff I always take to a doctor or dentist waiting room. I think the bigger bag I have was $38. And a friend of mine told me she used hers as a bowling bag and put it in the washing machine and it got ruined. I guess you have to just spot wash it with a wet rag. Other than that, they would probably last forever because of their quality. Cheaper bags sometimes, but not always, seem to have zippers that break right away. (And, no, I don't work for L L Bean :smile: )
Kat

Post by Kat »

lydiapinkham @ Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:51 pm wrote:Re. what tote bags look like: I think you would call it a carry-all: canvas, 2 handled, just big enough for a legal pad, pencils, and a copy of Rebello and your printout of the trial transcripts.

Cheers!
--Lyddie
Ah, good luck lugging 6 volumes of the printed Trial!
I can barely carry one around the room.
Won't fit in a tote and just might meet carry-on flight bag requirements- 40 lbs.? :smile:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

http://www.raffaello-network.com/raffti ... rangeid=61

This is the "tote" Lizzie would buy.
augusta

Post by augusta »

Oh, you have a print out of the trial, Kat! How lucky! I started to print it out and got to like page 40 and forgot where I put it. Found it recently and may start adding to it again. I would like to some day read the trial from front to end.

Nice tote for Lizzie, Audrey. I'll bet Bridget could carry that across the street and no one would search it. :smile:
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Dear Santa,

I have been such a good girl this year, and think I would look just smashing with a Prada tote decorating my shoulder. PLEASE, OH PLEASE, OH PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP ?!!

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

Honey.... You haven't been Prada good and you and I both know it....

Now this is the kind of purse a girl can carry to the mall..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 60303&rd=1

And another thing... Karen on Will & Grace has a different Prada bag on each episode.. I wonder if M. M. gets to keep those???
Harry

Post by Harry »

In the movie "The Legend of L.B." didn't Elizabeth Montgomery use a tote-bag when she acquired the hatchet in the store?

It looks like the handle of one in this photo:

I don't think the real Lizzie would be caught in an outfit that lacy though.
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

now that is a tote....
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Oh Auds...you're just mad because Mom likes me best !

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
augusta

Post by augusta »

Yes, she did, Harry! How could we forget? Thanks for posting the photo. I never really looked at that bag before. Rope handles and it looks like the bag is burlap. I remember she kept cramming that axe in there - not very secretive, all the noise she made doing it.

Here's a link to the totes L L Bean sells. Still time for Christmas arrival!
http://www.llbean.com/shop/guidePages/b ... qs=5088998

(Or you could just go to llbean.com if the link doesn't highlite itself when I hit 'post'.)
Kat

Post by Kat »

The link works great and thanks for the pics!

The legend it gives as to the origin of the "Tote" is interesting also!

"This carrier is offered for those who have found
difficulty in carrying ice from car to ice chest. A strong bag of builders' canvas that serves as a basket for wood, garden vegetables, fruit, etc."
– L.L.Bean Catalog, Fall 1944

"1944: Before refrigerators come into wide use, L.L. offers Bean's Ice Carrier. It's made from expedition-grade canvas with heavy-duty stitching. He shrewdly recommends using it to haul just about anything else.

Today: Renamed the Boat and Tote® Bag in the 1960s, it's now a shopping icon, seen coast-to-coast loaded with groceries, soccer gear and baby boomer essentials of all kinds."
Joyce

Post by Joyce »

I have a tote bag from the 1992 conference,
it is beige with black straps and lettering and a pix
of Lizzie. It says "the legend 100 years after the crime..A conference on the Lizzie Borden Case.
Bistol Community College, August 3-5, 1992, Fall
River, MA
WO HOO do you think it is worth something (not
that i'd ever part with it)
Nancie
Stefani

Post by Stefani »

I have a few new items for sale through CafePress, including a tote bag and a messenger bag. My new Lizzie artwork is also featured there.

Lizzie items for sale at two locations:
Cafe Press: http://www.cafepress.com/lizzieborden
Borden Books & Gifts: http://www.lizzieandrewborden.com/BordenBooks/index.htm

All items can be shipped in time for Christmas! :santa:
Nancie

Post by Nancie »

Thanks Stef for getting me back on as Nancie,
I couldn't access cafepress.com (could be
just my lousy compter). I didn't see the tote bags on the other site, where do you click to see? Thanks again so much for getting me back as my
real name, Nancie
Kat

Post by Kat »

http://www.cafepress.com/lizzieborden

Can we try the link again?
I was impressed with the items!

Welcome back Nancie!
I PM'ed you as Nancie, as Joyce, and now you're Nancie again.
I only wrote to ask where you'd been. Now I know. :santa:
Allen

Post by Allen »

I like the tote! It would probably come in pretty handy too. I really like the other items for sale on the site as well.
"He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the head of dispute." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Nancie

Post by Nancie »

the link from Kat worked, cute items. I couldn't read
what the baby bib said? That might be a good laugh
for my new grandbaby and joke for my son, he always teases me about my interest in Lizzie.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Bib? Close-up?
Will see if this works.
You can click on the picture of the item to get a bigger view, (which is what I did here) but it will say "Copy" or "Sample" over the picture.

http://www.cafepress.com/lizzieborden.1 ... m=yes#zoom
Lee-ann

Post by Lee-ann »

I've told Donald that I'd like to have Lizzie totes made up for the B&B. Prada is nice, but would'nt Lizzie have liked Coach more???
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

Lizzie would have been enchanted with Prada since it was European and more expensive that Coach.

Of course she might even wanted a Bvlgari crocodile bag... I saw one once for $5500.00 in a shop in New York. (I didn't buy it!)
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

I tried to make a tote--- I bought the canvas totes and iron ons...

I think my iron is too nice! I have one of those low heat irons that will not scorch... I think to iron on those transfers I need a cheapo iron-- So I got one today for $6.95.

I am going to try tonight or tomorrow.....

"A girl needs something to tote her hatchet in!"
Kat

Post by Kat »

Did you go eat pears in the barn loft whilst your flats heated? Not enough sticks on the fire?
:smile:
MysteryReader

Re:

Post by MysteryReader »

Stefani wrote:I have a few new items for sale through CafePress, including a tote bag and a messenger bag. My new Lizzie artwork is also featured there.

Lizzie items for sale at two locations:
Cafe Press: http://www.cafepress.com/lizzieborden
Borden Books & Gifts: http://www.lizzieandrewborden.com/BordenBooks/index.htm

All items can be shipped in time for Christmas! :santa:
I know this thread is oldish but I just found it. Stefani, where did you get pictures of Lizzie and the ax? Are there any that are copyrighted so I could sell some items?
twinsrwe

Re: Lizzie Borden Tote Bag

Post by twinsrwe »

Littlebit, I must apologize for not welcoming you to the forum. I’m so sorry I overlooked this. :oops: Welcome to the forum.

I agree with you. As long as a link to the original site is indicated, then it is legal to use copyrighted information.
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )