Watch Out For Price Hikes

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

augusta

Watch Out For Price Hikes

Post by augusta »

Because we are many persons interested in a specialized subject (Lizzie Borden), there seem to be people out there that jack up their prices on Things Borden. It is unfair and unscrupulous that sometimes we are prey for overpriced items - and even bogus items.

Some of you may know that a book I wrote came out recently ("Lizzie Borden: Resurrections"). This book retails today at $21.95.

I have seen it Online for sale at Sears,saying its retail price was $44, and they were putting it "on sale" for $26. Sears - the good old Sears & Roebuck Company whose catalogs were the salt of America for many,many years.

I have seen it listed by sellers under Amazon as "used, like new". I have to question how a new book can be "used" so quickly, when it has just come out.

"Better_Bargains", a seller selling from Amazon's used/new list claims their copies are USED and are "a reprint of an earlier edition". I have no idea what they mean, as there was no other edition, and they are selling copies for $23.49 + $3.99 shipping.

I have seen it Online on another site overpriced, like Sears stating that the retail price was higher than it actually is and putting it "on sale" for an amount exceeding its worth. Despite some sellers doing this, the author nor the editor/publisher do not get any more of a royalty than they would from copies selling for $21.95. The excess profits go from our bank accounts into the seller's pocket.

If we do not buy from these sellers, then they have nothing to sell. Don't be a victim.
Debbie

Re: Watch Out For Price Hikes

Post by Debbie »

Can the book be purchased through you?
Stefani

Post by Stefani »

You can buy the book on Amazon.com or through this address:

https://www.createspace.com/4876021
Read Mondo Lizzie!
https://lizzieandrewborden.com/MondoLizzie/

Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Debbie

Post by Debbie »

Thank you.