Borden Murder Case Collection for Sale

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

John Watson

Borden Murder Case Collection for Sale

Post by John Watson »

Over the years, I've collected hundreds of books on true crime, many concerning Lizzie Borden and the Borden murder case. In the past I’ve sold some of my Lizzie collection to members of this forum, and now I'm in the process of selling the remainder of my collection. Attached is a list of several titles. Some of them are collectors items, of interest mainly to the dedicated Lizzie Borden student. I have many more, so if you’re looking for something and don’t see it here, ask me and I’ll see if I have it. The list below includes detailed descriptions of each book along with the price I'm asking. The indicated price is well below what I’d be asking for them on Ebay. Price does not include a moderate shipping cost. Unless otherwise noted, all books are in excellent condition, and I will furnish photographs by Email upon request. Payment by Pay Pal and shipment by USPS, unless otherwise requested. All books are carefully packed in marked flat-rate USPS boxes. If you're interested in any of these books, or if you have any questions, please let me know by PM or Email.

1. Leonard Rebello, Lizzie Borden Past and Present, Al-Zach Press, Fall River MA, 1999; 642 pp; 10-1/4" x 8-1/4" ; dark blue cloth binding, silver lettering. Book in near-fine condition, jacket same. This is a virtual encyclopedia of all aspects of the murder, trial and aftermath, considered by Borden scholars as the "bible" of the Borden case. Only one edition of this title, no reprints, becoming very scarce. $115.00

2. Jules R. Ryckebusch, The Legend 100 Years After the Crime – A Conference on the Lizzie Borden Case: Proceedings, King Philip Publishing Co., Maine, 1993; 373 pages; 9-1/4" x 6-1/4" ; pale green cloth cover with gilt decoration and lettering, cream-colored illustrated jacket. Book is in as-new condition, jacket lightly soiled in spots, else very good. $20.00

3. Edwin H. Porter, The Fall River Tragedy: History of the Borden Murders, King Philip Publishing Co., Maine, 1985; First limited edition of this facsimile of the rare 1893 first edition published by Geo. R. H. Buffington, Fall River MA; 312 pages, with many photo illustrations; 9-1/4" x 6" ; quality dark-green library binding with gilt lettering and marbled end papers, issued without jacket as the original. Porter covered the murder and trial as a reporter for the Fall River Globe and was the first to publish a full study of the case. Copies of the original edition are extremely rare, and the facsimile, limited to 1,000 copies, is fast becoming scarce. In mint condition. $20.00

4. Robert A. Flynn, The Borden Murders: An Annotated Bibliography, King Philip Publishing Co., Maine, 1992; Limited first edition (1000 copies) of which this is No. 140, signed by the author; 113 pp; 9-1/4" x 6-1/4" ; red cloth binding with gilt lettering. Book in fine condition, issued with no jacket. Excellent resource for the Borden collector. $20.00

5. Arthur S. Phillips, The Borden Murder Mystery: In Defense of Lizzie Borden, King Philip Publishing Co., Maine, 1986; a "first facsimile abstract edition" limited to 750 copies of which this is No. 406, signed by Robert A. Flynn; 29pp; 9-1/4 x 6-1/4 ; red cloth binding with gilt lettering. Book in fine condition, issued without jacket. Contains excerpts of writings of Phillips who was one of Lizzie's defense attorneys. Flynn considered these writings very important to the study of the Borden case. $15.00

6. The Illustrated American, Vol. XII, No. 5, for the week ending September 17, 1892. Contains a 5-page article on the Borden trial, "Lizzie Borden's Ordeal - An examination which may find a victim if not the murderer," beautifully illustrated with many fine original drawings by the magazine's "Special Artist," and two large-size photos of the Borden home. It’s the original drawings of Lizzie and Emma in court, the witnesses who testified, Lizzie in prison which makes this a collectors item. You’ve all seen these drawings used later books and articles on the Borden murders, but these are the originals. My copy of this rare magazine, measuring 13" x 9-1/2", contains 34 pages, is clean and tight, page quality very good, with no defects except for some ragged spots along the side edge of the back cover. In mylar sleeve. For the serious Borden collector. Best offer.

7. Edmund Pearson, Editor, Trial of Lizzie Borden, Notable Trials Library, Gryphon Editions, Birmingham Alabama, 1989; beautiful facsimile edition of the rare first edition of this must-have Lizzie title; bound in quarter burgundy leather over burgundy gilt-decorated boards, four raised spine bands with title and gilt-stamped decorations in compartments; marbled end papers and silk ribbon page marker; all page edges in gilt. Introduction by Alan Dershowitz . Pearson, an early researcher and acknowledged expert on Lizzie Borden and the murders, begins with a 93-page essay on the case, followed by a list of important dates in the case, which is followed by Trial Testimony in the matter of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts vs. Lizzie Andrew Borden, taken from the official stenographic report of the trial, including preliminary proceedings, indictment, jury selection, opening and closing statements. At the very end, Pearson attaches the Inquest Testimony of Lizzie Borden. A beautiful book in fine condition. For the serious Borden collector. $25.00
Stefani

Re: Borden Murder Case Collection for Sale

Post by Stefani »

Hi there! I posted your sale on my site MondoLizzie.

https://lizzieandrewborden.com/MondoLiz ... -for-sale/

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
stefani
Last edited by Stefani on Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read Mondo Lizzie!
https://lizzieandrewborden.com/MondoLizzie/

Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Amaykate

Post by Amaykate »

Hi John! Do you still have these available? I'm very interested in buying a few. How can I speak to you more about purchasing? If you are still selling that is.

Thanks!
John Watson

Post by John Watson »

Hello Amaykate! Some of the rarer books were sold, but I've been a Lizzie collector for many years and still have near-mint copies of many titles. Which are you interested in? Let me know and I'll send photos. Also, I'm sorry it took so long to reply, but I don't visit this site very often and apparently wasn't notified of your message. By the way, did you just Email me?