50s Men's Mag. With Lizzie Borden Retro Profile

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

doug65oh

50s Men's Mag. With Lizzie Borden Retro Profile

Post by doug65oh »

Just found this for sale on Ebay...a copy of the first issue of "Bold" Magazine from November, '56. It's described as a "popular men's digest." One look at the cover...well, it's a "WoW!" :shock: Typical '50s style... The cover art reminds me of a Mickey Spillane novel. :lol:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 17033&rd=1
lydiapinkham

Post by lydiapinkham »

Wow, Doug! That magazine was published the month and year I was born. Do you suppose that its publication somehow shaped my future?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (Bet the story is delightfully lame.)

--Lyddie
doug65oh

Post by doug65oh »

Wellllllllllll now Lyds, I dunno if I'd go quite that far as to say it shaped your future. :lol: (I did notice the date!) :wink: I'm actually tempted to bid on it.
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

Lyddie, it might have shaped you more if Mom and Dad had been reading that "History of Lovemaking" article in, say, February of '56. . .

doug65oh, I'd bid on it if I were you. Looks cool. I have a 1950 TRUE magazine with an article about Capt. Joshua Slocum in it. The illustrated "manly" articles and the ads are a riot.
I've met Kat and Harry and Stef, oh my!
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)
doug65oh

Post by doug65oh »

I just might do that, Chris. :lol: I'll wait a few days tho to see if it's still affordable!!