The Lizzie Borden TV movie

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Allen

Post by Allen »

A copy of this movie is now for sale on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 08226&rd=1
"He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the head of dispute." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Kat

Post by Kat »

That's $50 for a DVD? Jeesh!
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Here's the link from where I purchased my copy. It was fast and easy. I have no complaints about the quality of the video. You may be able to find a lower price elsewhere...but you will REALLY have to look.

http://members.tripod.com/~bewitchvic/LizBord.html

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
beckygoddess

Post by beckygoddess »

Tracy: Are those VHS tapes and DVD's legit? Is this Victor guy an authorized distributor to the rights held by Paramount Studios? I ask because I recently noted on this board a poster who was petitioning Paramount to release Legend on DVD and he gave the site for doing an online petition. I haven't heard that Paramount authorized a DVD release yet or sold their rights to this Victor or anyone else.

So does that mean you have a bootlegged copy?

I have seen VHS tapes sold of this movie all over the internet, including eBay and as little as $9.99 for a good copy, the Euro version.
"We wanted her so and her life was just thrown away." - LAB letter to Amanda dated 8/8/1908
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

My VHS copy is from TRUE STORIES/ENCORE NETWORK/PARAMOUNT PICTURES. You'd have to ask someone with a DVD copy about theirs.

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

How about Melanie Lynskey as Lizzie? I think she'd be perfect! In the movie Heavenly Creatures, she played Pauline Parker, who, with her friend Juliet Hulme (now author Anne Perry), murdered her (Pauline's) mother. (Juliet was played by Kate Winslet.)

Ms. Lynskey also was a regular in the series Two and a Half Men, with Charile Sheen, in which she demonstrated that she can do accents quite well.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Thanks for mentioning that movie! I want to see that. I've finally written down the title!
xyjw

Re: The Lizzie Borden TV movie

Post by xyjw »

I went to Google to watch Legend of Lizzie Borden last nght and there is a notice that is going to be removed April 29th. It is the only way I can see the entire movie, even though it's not the best copy :sad: I tried downloading it unsuccessfully, but if anyone wants to see it before it is removed now is your chance!
Bob Gutowski

Post by Bob Gutowski »

i know I only fly in from time to time, as it were, but here I am. Richard, I have to take issue with your well written review way up above: "For example, the layout of the house was completely wrong." Are you kidding? True, the colors were wrong, dark wood instead of white paint, and the proportions may have been a bit different (like the large exit from the parlor into the front hallway, so you can see the stairs from the parlor), but the fidelity to the actual plans is downright amazing, given that they didn't have to do it that way. The outside of the house is a joke, turning from a standing set, a double house with two entrances to the single house we know and love inside. The way clapboards only appear half-way back on the north side of the house is pretty silly, but at least it gives us a side entrance area that looks like the actual one. I love Liz Montgomery, and the Lizzie she created is memorable, but she is too old. When she says "Look at me, I'm 32!" I always giggle a bit.
augusta

Post by augusta »

Bob G - You oughtta write a short book on your analyzing the Borden house in the movie. You've posted before about it, and you have great insight on the subject.

Somebody did a book like that on The Godfather movies. I bought it, and danged if it wasn't extremely interesting (I've seen parts 1 and 2 so many times. Part 3 just once; I didn't care for it.).

Liz Montgomery seemed older than 32? Well, I know she gained 30 pounds for the role. Maybe that helped? She always looked beautiful to me, even in her later roles. I have this article somewhere that was published in TV Guide when the movie came out. She was living with her companion, Robert I think, and he was saying how she took on the character of Lizzie at home before filming. I would think she read a lot about Lizzie as well.