My Lizzie Video and some memories...

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

jimha

My Lizzie Video and some memories...

Post by jimha »

I'm amazed at the number of people who are fascinated by this case. I grew up in Fall River and have been intrigued by it all my life. In August of 2000 I had the good fortune to produce a half hour documentary entitled "92 Second Street:The House Where Lizzie Killed". While I didn't have the production budget of the History or Discovery Channels, I was pleased at how it turned out. It has never aired on television, but a number of people purhcased it from me and the feedback was very positive. While I was shooting in the house I could sense an ominous presence. I had to do the filming alone, while the house was empty, so maybe it was just my imagination running wild. But if there is such a thing as an 'active' house, Lizzie's former residence sure seemd to fill the bill. I use to attend St. Mary's school, which is less than a block from the Borden house, and I every time I would go past the building my imagination would run wild. What was it like...what really happened int there? Stories of my grandfather, when he was a small boy, being given fruit from Andrew Borden, made the rounds in my family.
I'm new to the site. You've got my attention. I think I'll be a frequent visitor.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Hello Jim, welcome.

I was one who bought a copy of your tape from you. I still have it as part of my Lizzie video files.

I thought it was well done and it provided me the first long look I had of the interior of the house.

It's alway nice to welcome and hear from Fall Riverites.

Harry W.
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find
jimha

Post by jimha »

Thanks Harry. I'm honored that you enjoyed the video. What I'd really like to do it produce a new, feature length film. Don't get me wrong...I liked Elizabeth Montgomery, but there were so many things wrong with the sets and locations. Now...all I need is the funding. I'll keep buying the lottery tickets. :)
Best regards,
Jim H.
Nancie

Post by Nancie »

Hi Jim, I also enjoyed your video "The House Where
Lizzie Killed!" ..." put yourself in the scene of the crime!!!" It is probably my favorite because of the
great shots of the inside of 92 Second Street, great
job and I hope you are able to produce your feature
film!
jimha

Post by jimha »

Hi Nancie,
It's good to hear from you and thanks for the nice words about the video. It's an old story that becomes new every time you tell it. It was really this country's first mass media trial. My late father, who was a trial lawyer, took me over to the courthouse in New Bedford (where Lizzie was tried...and it's still in use) and he walked me through the actual courtroom. At the time of the trial, it was the focal point of all the worlds news. Newspapers from around the world leased stalls in the barn out back and set up their telegraph links, so they could feed their reports to anxious papers around the globe. I was amazed that my dad actually tried cases in the same courtroom. I guess I still am. Now my brother and my daughter are trying cases over there.
I don't know why I'm so fascinated in the case...but I have been all my life.
Anyway...enough of the rambling. Thanks again for the kind words.
Best regards,
Jim H.
Nancie

Post by Nancie »

It is so interesting to hear stories like that Jim, I can
just picture the media frenzy in the barns with their
old fashioned telegraph equipment.
The very end of your video zeroed in on Lizzie's
eyes, that had stuck with me, her eyes were just
"wrong" somehow.
Welcome to the forum, I sure would love to hear more of your stories from your family in Fall River!
Kat

Post by Kat »

Hello Jim!
Thank you for the interesting stories!
We love Fall River stories here!

Would you like to post your video purchase information here?
jimha

Post by jimha »

Hi Kat...
Thanks for the reply. Are we allowed to post merchandise 'sales' information on this website? I don't want to break any rules. I can tell you that when I originally sold the documentary it was as a VHS tape...but now it's only available as a DVD. Times have changed and most people want a DVD...and my studio has been reconfigured in such a way that burning DVDs are easier to do than recording a VHS copy. I guess if someone could only use a tape then I could get it done but I'd prefer to send DVDs. The good news is that DVD copies are a little less expensive than VHS duplications.
If I'm not breaking any rules I'd be glad to post the purchase particulars.
Thanks again,
Jim H.
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Hi Jimha...I just PM'd you about getting those particulars...

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
Allen

Post by Allen »

Ditto :grin:
"He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the head of dispute." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Kat

Post by Kat »

Jim, you can post the info at the Second Street Second Hand Shop, which is where we are. You can even design an ad if you want!
You can update it periodically too.
Meaning if there are newer postings, yours will drop down lower on the screen- so if you update by posting to your thread again it will come back up to the top again! :smile:
Liz Crouthers

Post by Liz Crouthers »

Hey Jim where do you sell the tapes at I'm lookin for Christmas.lol :lol:
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

Please send me information as to where to send payment and total amount due...

martins@evertek.net

I would like to reserve a copy right now-- Just tell me how much!
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

I PM'd jimha about that very thing Auds...when he first started the thread, and I have received no response. Has anyone else ?

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.