Opera Boxes

Here is where you can discuss anything Victorian!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

augusta

Opera Boxes

Post by augusta »

Reading mb's link to Victorian ladies and their lap dogs, an item called an "opera box" was mentioned that sounded like it was something common that ladies used.

Does anybody know what it was, and what was in it? :?:
augusta

Post by augusta »

:peanut19: That's gotta be the dumbest post I ever did. I went back and read the article. I was picturing some little box women took to the opera with maybe their opera glasses in them and stuff, cuz it was all about lap dogs, so I was thinking things that go on a lap. ... Where can I go to hide? ...
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's real funny Augusta.

You know, I have a pair of those opera glasses.

I think they used them to sip brandy.

:roll:
Debbie

Post by Debbie »

augusta @ Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:32 pm wrote::peanut19: That's gotta be the dumbest post I ever did. I went back and read the article. I was picturing some little box women took to the opera with maybe their opera glasses in them and stuff, cuz it was all about lap dogs, so I was thinking things that go on a lap. ... Where can I go to hide? ...
There is no place to hide around here. Besides, you gave me a really good chuckle when I read that post.
Now if we can borrow those opera glasses from mbhenty, we can have ourselves a little lemon aide or something.
augusta

Post by augusta »

Glad I made you laugh, Debbie. I do some dumb things sometimes, but that one was in my top ten. :smile: