Antique Shoe Site

Here is where you can discuss anything Victorian!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

augusta

Antique Shoe Site

Post by augusta »

Here's an interesting site I stumbled across on the web (if Susan hasn't already found it :grin: ).

http://www.centuryinshoes.com/home.html

They date from 1900 - the 1990's.
Susan

Post by Susan »

:lol: Thanks for the great link, Augusta! What beautiful shoes! I guess women have always had a love affair with them since way back when. I like the feature they have where you can view the shoes from all angles, thats pretty neat! :grin:
Kat

Post by Kat »

I liked the "Scenes From the Decade"- the little motion pictures.
Thanks you guys, I hadn't noticed this link.
augusta

Post by augusta »

:shock: Whaaaa? I missed both of those features you guys mentioned. Moving pictures? Shoes from different angles? Where was I??
1bigsteve

Post by 1bigsteve »

Years ago I designed, on paper, a pair of blue Victorianish styled ice skating boots, the kind that go half-way up the calf, for a portrait I did. They matched the ornate ultramarine blue velvet floor-length gown I designed for the same painting. I had a blast doing it. I love womens shoes from that era. The styling and lines were real neat. I don't know how well they fit the foot but they do look cool. I think the style in the 1940's went down hill but picked up again in the late fifties.

Class and styling were the rules for everything in those early years, from the shoes to the fancy cars.

-1bigsteve (o:
"All of your tomorrows begin today. Move it!" -Susan Hayward 1973