Someone's in the Kitchen with Lizzie

Here is where you can discuss anything Victorian!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

WFordII

Someone's in the Kitchen with Lizzie

Post by WFordII »

Hello, fellow Lizzie enthusiasts!

Ever since I wrote an essay about Lizzie Borden in 7th grade many years ago, I've been fascinated by her and her case. Since then, I've read countless books and compared them to first-hand accounts and documents. I admit that although the movie took profound artistic liberties, distorted facts, and added some rude speculation, the lovely Elizabeth Monrgomery remains my favorite Lizzie.

After a few months of research, I decided to write about a different facet of her life, that of a Victorian gourmand. My soon to be published book is Someone's in the Kitchen with Lizzie: Lizzie Borden's Victorian Recipes & Kitchen Hacks It is coming to Amazon by early fall.
FB_IMG_1688692415471.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kat

Re: Someone's in the Kitchen with Lizzie

Post by Kat »

Cool! Do you have a copy of Lizzie’s Meatloaf? I could bring it here. Btw- it doesn’t sound very good, but your opinion may be worthwhile, especially if you can compare it with other, contemporaneous recipes:study:
WFordII

Post by WFordII »

Hi! Thank you for your kind offer! I do have a copy of her meatloaf recipe. Like all the other recipes, I've modernized them for today's cooks. My book will be available soon. Stay tuned!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Hope there’s ketchup in your version of Lizzie’s meatloaf, because it needs it!:wink: (Did they have that condiment in Lizzie’s day?) Now I’m hungry…
WFordII

Post by WFordII »

Lol...yes, they did have ketchup! However, Lizzie's recipe didn't include any.
Kat

Post by Kat »

So when you modernized it, you didn’t put some ketchup in there…hmmm, I’m curious what you added :study:
WFordII

Post by WFordII »

I will post the recipe for you and other members. Lizzie's meat loaf was steamed rather than baked. It does produce a tender and juicy result.