Battleship Cove Oral Histories

This is a collection of the links posted by members in other areas of the forum.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Kat

Battleship Cove Oral Histories

Post by Kat »

theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Thank you Kat. What a great resource this is. Voices of those who were THERE. One of the teachers at the school where I teach, uses things like this to help in making history come alive for her students. She will want to use this no doubt !

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
Allen

Post by Allen »

Thank you Kat! I bookmarked it because I want to be able to go back and look at it whenever I want. I agree with Tracy that the accounts of those who were actually there really do bring things to life. I'll never forget the first time I actually heard the accounts of Titanic survivors, both from living witnesses and from recorded interviews of those deceased. It was really something. Great Link Kat!
"He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the head of dispute." - Friedrich Nietzsche
1bigsteve

Post by 1bigsteve »

Allen @ Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:40 am wrote:Thank you Kat! I bookmarked it because I want to be able to go back and look at it whenever I want. I agree with Tracy that the accounts of those who were actually there really do bring things to life. I'll never forget the first time I actually heard the accounts of Titanic survivors, both from living witnesses and from recorded interviews of those deceased. It was really something. Great Link Kat!

I love the Titanic story. I remember when it happened. Just kidding. :wink:

I remember an interview done with an old man who jumped off the stern of the ship when it was sticking up in the air, like it is in the movie. He said he looked down but only saw pitch black but he knew the water was down there. The instant he jumped he suddenly remembered the propellers were down there and he said he died a thousand deaths. He saw the propellers coming up at him but he slipped right between the blades and hit the water like a bullet.

I know what I would have been saying all the way down but I can't repeat it here. I wouldn't have had to hit a propeller, I would have died from fright. I hate heights and sea water. Sharks live in it.

I have always wanted to write a poem on the Titanic's sinking but I can't find a word that goes well with propeller. I could use "screw" instead but propellers don't "screw through the water." I just finished writing a poem on Lizzie Borden and one on The Black Dahlia.

-1bigsteve (o:
"All of your tomorrows begin today. Move it!" -Susan Hayward 1973