How Many Of You?

This is a collection of the links posted by members in other areas of the forum.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Susan

How Many Of You?

Post by Susan »

I came across this site while surfing the net and its a search engine that works with the US census that can find out how many people share your first and last name. I found 0 for myself, 1 Abby Borden, 2 Lizzie Bordens, 15 Emma Bordens, and 49 Andrew Bordens. Try it out....

http://ww2.howmanyofme.com/
“Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.”-Margaret Cho comedienne
Smudgeman

Post by Smudgeman »

I found 8 people in the US with my name, and I thought my last name was a little uncommon.
"I'd luv to kiss ya, but I just washed my hair"
Bette Davis
Allen

Post by Allen »

:shock: :shock: At how many people share my name. :lol: I know both names are common but I was still a little surprised.
"He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the head of dispute." - Friedrich Nietzsche
1bigsteve

Post by 1bigsteve »

55 people with my name and I'm not one of them. Hmmm... :wink:

-1bigsteve (o:
"All of your tomorrows begin today. Move it!" -Susan Hayward 1973
shakiboo

Post by shakiboo »

there were alot of ladies that share my first name but I was the only one with my last name, hhmmm so that proves it, my x-husband really is an alien!!! lol
1bigsteve

Post by 1bigsteve »

shakiboo @ Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:13 pm wrote:there were alot of ladies that share my first name but I was the only one with my last name, hhmmm so that proves it, my x-husband really is an alien!!! lol

:peanut19: "Well, Officer, he has been acting awfully strange lately. In fact I just don't think he is my husband!" -Invasion Of The Body Snatchers :wink:

-1bigsteve (o:
DWilly

Post by DWilly »

Allen @ Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:46 pm wrote::shock: :shock: At how many people share my name. :lol: I know both names are common but I was still a little surprised.
You're not alone. 6,112 people have both my first and last name :lol:
Angel

Post by Angel »

This doesn't seem to be accurate. I tried my two previous last names (maiden name and first married name). They are not that common, but I do know for a fact that there are at least 50 names of the first and 30 names of the second, all of which are found in the online phone directories. On the website you mentioned it says there are zero people with those names.
shakiboo

Post by shakiboo »

Yep, 1bigsteve, I can picture him crawling out of a slimy green pod!!! lol that explains everything!!
1bigsteve

Post by 1bigsteve »

Angel @ Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:39 am wrote:This doesn't seem to be accurate. I tried my two previous last names (maiden name and first married name). They are not that common, but I do know for a fact that there are at least 50 names of the first and 30 names of the second, all of which are found in the online phone directories. On the website you mentioned it says there are zero people with those names.

I get the same feeling. There has got to be more than 50 with my first and last names in the USA. I get at least 5 or six from my area alone calling me whenever my name appears in the local paper. But it's fun anyway. :smile:

-1bigsteve (o:
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Scary- I am the only one in the country-hmmm it must be the LAST name-too many zzzzz's :lol: The IRS can find me in a heartbeat!
Eric

Post by Eric »

0 people in the US with my last name.......I guess my family and I were erased from all of the records in a mass government cover up :lol:
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

Apparently, I don't exist. There aren't any people in the United States with my first or last name.

My first name is used mostly by people of eastern European extraction, among whom it is quite common. My last name is not common even in the old country, but I have relatives in this country with it.

Moral: Don't believe everything you read on the net (or off it).
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

On further examination of the site, I find I was too hard on them. They know that uncommon names won't show up. Look under FAQ and Accuracy Information.
Yooper

Post by Yooper »

I'm one of only 2017. Does that make me an endangered species?
To do is to be. ~Socrates
To be is to do. ~Kant
Do be do be do. ~Sinatra
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

A few statistics:

There are 25,769 people named William Williams
7,231 people named Robert Roberts
1,521 people named Scott Scott
28 people named Donald Duck
Kat

Post by Kat »

:peanut19:

There was a friend of the family named Dick Richards and he was always called Dick Squared.
Yooper

Post by Yooper »

Kat @ Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:47 am wrote::peanut19:

There was a friend of the family named Dick Richards and he was always called Dick Squared.
That reminds me of a friend of my father's whose wife owned a dance studio. He used to refer to a ballerina costume, a tutu, as a tu-twice.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

It says 163 for me.
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.