If You're Going to San Francisco...

This is a collection of the links posted by members in other areas of the forum.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Tina-Kate

If You're Going to San Francisco...

Post by Tina-Kate »

This hotel has been receiving raves in one of our local papers. I have never been myself (altho SF is one of my dream trips), but check out this gorgeous restored Queen Anne! The room rates seem quite reasonable as well. They do B&B, afternoon teas & provide limo services.

http://www.queenanne.com
Susan

Post by Susan »

I've stayed there twice on my trips to San Francisco with my fiance, its even more impressive in person, I think. We stayed in the haunted room which is the old office of the headmistress when it was an all girl's school. No experiences in the room, just one on the stairs the day we were leaving. :shock:
“Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.”-Margaret Cho comedienne
1bigsteve

Post by 1bigsteve »

Are you going to drive? Those streets can be murder being one-way and steep. Enjoy your trip and be careful. Have fun.

-1bigsteve (o:
"All of your tomorrows begin today. Move it!" -Susan Hayward 1973
Angel

Post by Angel »

I loooooooooove San Francisco. Used to live there.
Tina-Kate

Post by Tina-Kate »

What was your experience on the stairs, Susan? Is the ghost supposedly the headmistress?
Susan

Post by Susan »

Yes, the ghost that is supposed to haunt the hotel was the former headmistress of the school, Mary Lake. Her old office, room 410, is where she is usually seen and felt. Shes supposed to be a totally benevolent spirit; she tucks people into bed at night and such. My fiance and I stayed in room 410 on our first stay at the Queen Anne and we didn't experience anything there.

On our last day we opted to take the stairs, I didn't like the elevator; its old and creaky and seems like its on its last leg despite the current inspection sticker that states it passed. Anyhoo, we were on the stairs between floors and heard a "pop" that sounded like a champagne cork being released and my fiance exclaimed that he had been hit in the shoulder by something. I was closest to the top of the staircase and he the bottom, there was no one in sight on either floor, nor were there any doors or windows open. We could find no explanation for the incident at all.

The Queen Anne has such an interesting history, it was once Mary Lake's school for girls, then it belonged to a men's secret society called The Cosmos, and then it belonged to the church. From there it was vacant for around 40 years before the building was bought and made into a hotel/B&B. The parlor on the first floor was once the girls gymnasium, we were assured that the girls didn't play basketball.
“Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.”-Margaret Cho comedienne
Tina-Kate

Post by Tina-Kate »

Very cool. She was happy looking after things & stuck around.

Benevolent spirits are fine. Personally, I wouldn't want scary in a B&B!

(I'm assuming your sweetie wasn't actually hurt by whatever hit him). A flying champagne cork from the men's society?
Susan

Post by Susan »

No, my honey wasn't hurt at all, just extremely startled. Hmmm, ya' know, I never thought of it that way, Tina-Kate, a champagne cork from the Cosmos society. Nothing is really known about the society, it could have just been some sort of men's club where they went to drink and hob nob.