Thats My Face

This is a collection of the links posted by members in other areas of the forum.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Susan

Thats My Face

Post by Susan »

While browsing some of my favorite haunts online I came across a posting by this website that can reproduce your face in 3-d. You can then have it printed on a T-shirt, have a statue head made of it, or a Barbie sized doll head. I thought the idea is very cool, I tried it out with our Lizzie, you can do a free preview. All you need is a good head-on shot and a side view shot to do it and you must register with the site, no charge. http://www.thatsmyface.com/

Heres my results:

“Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.”-Margaret Cho comedienne
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

Wow! That's kind of cool Susan. It gives a little more reality to what Lizzie must have looked like. Helps bring her another step closer to live for us.
In memory of....Laddie Miller, Royal Nelson and Donald Stewart, Lizzie Borden's dogs. "Sleeping Awhile."
Kat

Post by Kat »

Wow that's so cool Susan! :cool:

It looks like Ingrid Bergman! Whowoodathot???
Susan

Post by Susan »

The only bad thing is the photos I used were very grainy, hence the weird discolored marks on Lizzie's face. The program is actually meant to work with clean, color photos, but, I thought I'd give it a chance. The side view info came from that one photo of Lizzie as a girl. I would love to have a doll head made of Lizzie, but, the price is a bit steep for me at the moment. Glad you enjoyed it. :smile:
“Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.”-Margaret Cho comedienne
Harry

Post by Harry »

That's neat, a 3D Lizzie!

The side view is interesting. I wouldn't have thought her nose turned up that much.
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find
Tina-Kate

Post by Tina-Kate »

Wow, that is so cool Susan!

Separated at birth? I think you're right Kat...there is some resemblance...

Ingrid Bergman:

Daughter Isabella:
“I am innocent. I leave it to my counsel to speak for me.”
—Lizzie A. Borden, June 20, 1893
Angel

Post by Angel »

That's really cool. It makes it even more apparent to me how mismatched her eyes seem to be. I've noticed that before. It's really weird. I would have loved to see a neurological report on Lizzie. Something ain't right.
Susan

Post by Susan »

Wow, I can totally see the resemblance to Ingrid and her daughter looks like she has Lizzie's jawline. I think there are some websites out there where you can post a picture and they try to find the closest celebrity matches to your photo.

Harry, I don't know if Lizzie's nose turned up quite so much, the side view photo I used is this one:

The site also "ages" your 3-d pic, heres one of Lizzie aged by 40 years, no wrinkles, but, I think the nose might be closer to what hers looked like at age 32 and onward.

Ellen, in that new photo of Emma you can see that she too has a wonky eye. Maybe its a Borden trait? Or do you think both may have suffered from the same disorder?
Angel

Post by Angel »

I must be an idiot. I can't find it.
Susan

Post by Susan »

Posts move around so much its never easy finding stuff again. But, I did find the thread with the new Emma pic. Here ya' go:

viewtopic.php?t=3942
Angel

Post by Angel »

Maybe, but not so pronounced. Lizzie's left eye looks almost dead.
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Nobody has a perfectly identical left and right side of face. If you take one side of a facial photo and reverse it and match it up to the original photo you will find a very creepy and sinister-looking whole face!
This was a great link though-in 3D! The only thing Lizzie's passport has to offer about her nose is that it was "straight".
Angel

Post by Angel »

Who is Thomas Borden?
Kat

Post by Kat »

That's a good question, Angel

Richard1
^
John5
^
Richard95
^
Thomas103
^
Richard114
^
Richard120 >>>> >>>>Thomas119 (brothers)
^ ^
Abraham208 >>> (1st cousins) Col. Richard133
^ ^
Andrew218 >>> (2nd cousins) Thomas J. Borden187

Here is Thomas J. Borden's relationship to Andrew Borden.
Thomas was a manufacturer, married Mary E. Hill and father of Anna H. and Carrie Borden. Anna was on the tour of Europe with Lizzie, as a cousin. I made this illustratiion by following "The Genealogy of the Borden Family Living In Fall River And Vicinity, 1876, From Fall River And Its Industries," Earl & Son, Fall River, 1877, booklet sold from the Fall River Historical Society.

The Knowlton Papers Glossary has this on Thomas:

BORDEN, THOMAS JAMES 1832 - 1902: born in Fall River, Massachusetts, the son of Col. Richard and Abby Walker (Durfee) Borden. He was educated in the Fall River public school system and then attended Lawrence Scientific School in Cambridge, Massachusetts, studying both engineering and chemistry. He began his career at Fall River Iron Works Company, a corporation owned by his family. In the ensuing years, he demonstrated tremendous business sense with his varied successful ventures, including the American Printing Company and Richard Borden Manufacturing Company. In 1855, he married Miss Mary E. Hill of Fall River. He was a veteran of the Civil War, enlisting with the 5th Company, Unattached Massachusetts Volunteers, holding the rank of first lieutenant and serving a three-month term. An earnest Congregationalist, he was also involved in several civic and philanthropic organizations. In Providence, Rhode Island, at the time of his death, he was tended to by Dr. Maurice H. Richardson. He was second cousin to Andrew J. Borden.

[All these "edits" are for formatting the diagram of relationship. I don't usually call people 2nd cousin as I'm not sure of the term. But my arrows of lineage are not showing properly here.
Thomas was the son of Andrew Borden's uncle, and their grandfathers were brothers. That's how I usually explain relationships.)
SummerCodSuz

Post by SummerCodSuz »

Very interesting, Susan! I can understand the statement of the reporter who said she looks much younger than her age at the trial. I agree with Angel, those eyes are very disturbing, and even more so in 3-D.