Defending Lizzie Movie

This is a collection of the links posted by members in other areas of the forum.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

KarenP

Defending Lizzie Movie

Post by KarenP »

The play version was featured in the Writer's Corner in an interview by Stefani Koorey a few years agao.

Here is a link to the movie, Defending Lizzie that will be made after a crowd funding campaign. You can learn about everything on the website. http://www.defendinglizzie.com

Defending Lizzie is centered around the discovery of Lizzie Borden’s diary in 1922. The diary reveals the untold story about the events that take place leading up to the murders, and identity of the true killer. Defending Lizzie will satisfy those familiar with the Lizzie Borden case, and will peak your interest when one person discovers what happened on August 4, 1892.
MysteryReader

Re: Defending Lizzie Movie

Post by MysteryReader »

Interesting, Karen. Is Lizzie's diary only for the movie or was a real one found?
KarenP

Post by KarenP »

Good question. I'm not aware of one being found, but most women kept some sort of journal, so it is possible she had one.
MysteryReader

Post by MysteryReader »

I need to go back and see who she left her books to. It would be awesome if there was a diary out there all this time.
KarenP

Post by KarenP »

Are some of her books in her bedroom at the B & B? Maybe Emma or someone else close to Lizzie has a journal:)
MysteryReader

Post by MysteryReader »

MB would probably know the answer to this one. I want to say I *think* that some were left there but who know what the guy who owned the house did with them (if they were). I know in her will she named a specific person or two to get her books. Emma probably had one, too.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Hello Karen, welcome to the forum.

The link you provided was interesting. So, as far as you know, a real diary from Lizzie has not actually been found. I wonder if the family of Orrin Gardener has a diary from Emma Borden, who left a great deal of her personal things to Orrin. Granted these items would be from Emma, but perhaps if there was a diary from her, it may revel her thoughts on the murders of her father and step-mother.
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )