Trivia

This is a collection of the links posted by members in other areas of the forum.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Allen

Trivia

Post by Allen »

For the last couple of years I've been the member of a trivia site where all of the quizzes are created by the members themselves. I have only created 3 because I actually like taking the quizzes much better than creating one. The ones I did create were just for fun to see what kind of response they received. Because the other members also have the option of rating your quiz. If anyone else is a trivia lover, and would like to check out the site sometime I have provided the links to my quizzes, but you can check out the rest of the site from there also. I just finished correcting a punctuation error to one of my quizzes, and while I was checking it over decided it might be fun to post the links.There are quizzes on everything under the sun here, I've become addicted to it myself :grin: .

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizdetails.cfm?quiz=93391

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizdetails.cfm?quiz=117821

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizdetails.cfm?quiz=97693
"He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the head of dispute." - Friedrich Nietzsche
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

I did the first one (Lizzie) and got 19 out of 20 correct.

The one I missed was the number of Andrew's wounds.

It really would be difficult for anyone who hasn't really done a lot reading on the case. And who doesn't have a good memory.
augusta

Post by augusta »

That's a good idea, to do a Lizzie trivia on the site. Even if people get a lot of them wrong, you're helping to spread the truth about her and the case and to debunk the myths. The goofs that are perpetuated in books, on websites and even documentaries are almost as horrifying as the murders. Today I was reading that Lizzie said she was eating "apples" in the barn. Ay, carumba! :shock:
Kat

Post by Kat »

Yes it's an interesting test.
I found a couple of little problems with the quiz, tho, but I can't contact Melissa/Allen.
It's frustrating.
Allen

Post by Allen »

What are the little problems? You can post them, I can always be contacted here.
"He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the head of dispute." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Kat

Post by Kat »

It's just little stuff. I asked Stefani today if I sent her the Black Dahlia material to her would she forward it to you and she agreed. So I will include a note about the quiz.

:smile:
(I figured out a way to reach you- I'm so pleased!)
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

I got 20/20...

But I was forewarned!
Allen

Post by Allen »

kat, I have not received the Black Dahlia material. To where will it be forwarded? Thanks so much, I am looking forward to reading it.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Did you receive everything? My sister is sending it to your e-mail address.
Do you wish to open your Private Message feature on the Forum?
Stef can help.
Allen

Post by Allen »

Yes I received the information. And thank you very much I found the Black Dahlia info very interesting :grin: . And, no, I would not mind having my PM feature activated.
Kat

Post by Kat »

You're welcome!
Hope the info is useful!

To activate your Private Message feature, go to the very left of the first page of the main Forum Screen.
There is a box which says "Menu."
Click on "Profile" and a new screen opens where you can change your requirements.
At the botton see:

Always show my e-mail address: Yes   No
Always notify me of replies:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post. Yes   No
Notify on new Private Message: Yes   No
Pop up window on new Private Message:
Some templates may open a new window to inform you when new private messages arrive. Yes   No
No PM ?:
You can decide if you want to get PMs ('yes' means you´ll get some). Yes   No
Always attach my signature: Yes   No
Always allow BBCode: Yes   No
Always allow HTML: Yes   No
Always enable Smilies: Yes   No
Board Language:
Board Style:
Timezone:
Date format:
The syntax used is identical to the PHP date() function.

If you click "YES" at "want to get PM's?" you probably will open your Private Message feature.
I hope.
I hope it works.
It's been a long time since I fooled around in there! :smile:
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

I got 20 out of 20 on the Lizzie Quiz, 10 out of 15 on the Black Dahlia Quiz and the Titanic Quiz is offline.

I was going to say Fairhaven Guy that I hope the question that you got wrong was not question number 3, but I see it was a different one. :silly:
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
kssunflower

Post by kssunflower »

19 of 20 - missed the deceased child question. However, I always thought Andrew had 11 wounds. Guess this quiz taught me something.
"To wives and sweethearts - may they never meet."
Debbie

Post by Debbie »

I took the first trivia test and missed two. I feel so silly. I mixed up the number of blows between Andrew and Abby.
I enjoyed the trivia though and didn't realize how much I really know about the case. Of course I have read almost all of the books and have been fascinated by this case for years.
Kat

Post by Kat »

I think it is a very good quiz and the alternate choices are well-conceived! That must be the hardest part- figuring out what to offer as other choices!