Time lapse is COOL!

This is a collection of the links posted by members in other areas of the forum.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Stefani

Time lapse is COOL!

Post by Stefani »

1bigsteve

Re: Time lapse is COOL!

Post by 1bigsteve »

Stefani @ Sat May 01, 2004 11:14 am wrote:http://www.playingwithtime.org/index.html

This is reallly cool!!

Neat stuff, Stefani, thanks. I have always had a fasination with time and space. Been reading a book on Albert Einstein and his theories.

-1bigsteve (o:
"All of your tomorrows begin today. Move it!" -Susan Hayward 1973
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

WOW...very interesting ! Thanks Stef !

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
Susan

Post by Susan »

Very cool link, thanks Stefani! I especially liked the one of the woman who morphs from young to old. :grin:
“Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.”-Margaret Cho comedienne
1bigsteve

Post by 1bigsteve »

Susan @ Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:31 pm wrote:Very cool link, thanks Stefani! I especially liked the one of the woman who morphs from young to old. :grin:

Now if we can just find a way to morph from old to young... :grin:

-1bigsteve (o:
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

We have...It's called: Find a great plastic surgeon ! Or in Audrey's case: Be born French !

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
1bigsteve

Post by 1bigsteve »

theebmonique @ Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:24 pm wrote:We have...It's called: Find a great plastic surgeon ! Or in Audrey's case: Be born French !

Tracy...

Ah, If only a Plastic Surgeon could fix old sore knees... I've got English, Irish and some German in me, would that do? That's not Audrey I hear snickering is it??

A lady I know had a plastic surgeon narrow her long nose and he did a fantastic job! She look's like she was born with it. Her old honk was too wide. Now she has about the best looking nose I've ever seen, even better than Jane Seymour's. I don't know who he was but I've seen patients with faces that looked like their skin is on too tight and made of plastic when the surgeon got done. Not her!

-1bigsteve (o:
Susan

Post by Susan »

[quote="1bigsteve @ Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:26 pmNow if we can just find a way to morph from old to young... :grin:

-1bigsteve (o:[/quote]

Ah, too true, too true. But, I do keep that Jenny Joseph poem in mind when thinking of growing old:

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
etc.etc.etc.
“Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.”-Margaret Cho comedienne
1bigsteve

Post by 1bigsteve »

Susan-

Did you ever see that movie about a group of old people who are sitting around this table and they open a book and take out an old dried rose and place it in a glass bowl of water? It was set in Victorian times. The rose blooms to it's former red beauty. After reading some mumbo-jumbo they all take a swig of this "rose water" and they all turn into young people again. As they get up and dance around the room you can see their reflections in a mirror, but their reflections are of them as old people. It was in color, a short film, and I must have seen it about 35 years ago.

It was a cool film that has always haunted me for some reason or other. Whenever I think of people trying to hold-off the hands of time I think of that film.

-1bigsteve (o:
Susan

Post by Susan »

No, I haven't seen it, but, it sounds like cool idea for a film. The whole idea of mirrors reflecting the true identity of people pretending to be something else or altered in some way is very intriguing.