Was wondering...

This is the place for friendly chit-chat on off-topic subjects.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

BOBO

Was wondering...

Post by BOBO »

if maybe we can start a thread on the forum entitled "This I Believe..."? On this thread we can be open on just what part of this case that we have settled in OUR OWN minds. We don't have to get into WHY we believe this way. In 45 years of studying this case, there are hundreds of reasons why I have reached a certain decision on certain things. So, in advance, lets agree not to bash one another on WHY they believe their own way. We all know that this case will never be 100% solved, but I believe this will open new doors for each of us to look into. Reading each others response will let the others "pick and choose" just what part of the case they would like to dig a little deeper on. Again, lets try not to get into questioning of WHY a forum member believes the way they do. There is no reason for the thread to turn into a "question and answer" thread, as this will be what you BELIEVE, not what you KNOW. Before someone points this out, yes, we all know what opinions are like..... THX
Tell the truth, then you don't have to remember anything.... Mark Twain
Curryong

Re: Was wondering...

Post by Curryong »

How long-winded do you want us to be? You know me! Which part of the case are we sure of individually....? Lizzie's guilt. No, scrap that, sorry! The note. I am 100 percent convinced there was no note. What bit is not so clear-cut for me? How Lizzie disposed of the weapon and how did she completely cover herself for Andrew's murder so she was pristine in face and hands.
MysteryReader

Post by MysteryReader »

Well I believe that she isn't guilty and I do believe that there was a note. Of course, I'm familiar with the mistakes that law enforcement makes from time to time and perhaps, if they hadn't made so many mistakes in this case, I'd believe differently. :smile:
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

I believe Lizzie was the sole killer of both Abby and Andrew. I believe Lizzie lied through her teeth, about there being a note. I believe Emma and Bridget also knew who the real killer was.
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
Aamartin

Post by Aamartin »

twinsrwe wrote:I believe Lizzie was the sole killer of both Abby and Andrew. I believe Lizzie lied through her teeth, about there being a note. I believe Emma and Bridget also knew who the real killer was.
Pretty much sums it up for me too!
taosjohn

Post by taosjohn »

deleted
Last edited by taosjohn on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

Excuse me, taosjohn. This thread 'Stay to Tea' is, as it says, a place for friendly off-topic chit-chat, which means all sorts of things get discussed here.

If you're referring to the main Lizzie Borden Forum, then there are hundreds of threads that deal with topics extremely relevant to the murders. I've participated in more than a few myself! When other things come up in certain threads they are generally issues or points which shed interesting highlights on urban and domestic life in the US of the late 19th century. This gives a more holistic view of the world the Bordens operated in.
taosjohn

Post by taosjohn »

Curryong wrote:Excuse me, taosjohn. This thread 'Stay to Tea' is, as it says, a place for friendly off-topic chit-chat, which means all sorts of things get discussed here.

If you're referring to the main Lizzie Borden Forum, then there are hundreds of threads that deal with topics extremely relevant to the murders. I've participated in more than a few myself! When other things come up in certain threads they are generally issues or points which shed interesting highlights on urban and domestic life in the US of the late 19th century. This gives a more holistic view of the world the Bordens operated in.
Okay-- I don't entirely understand, but I have deleted the offending post.
Franz

Post by Franz »

Well. I believe Lizzie (and Bridget and Emma) was totally innocent. She was probably in the water closet in the cellar while Abby was being attacked and was in the barn while Andrew was being killed. The woman Lubinski saw was Lizzie who was returning from the barn to the house.

I believe the note existed and it came from the killer(s) who recuperated it after having killed Abby. The note was one of the most crucial elements of the murder plan.

And, I believe, as you know, that uncle John orchestrated the double murder, he and his accomplice(s) were smart and lucky enough to not be hung.
"Mr. Morse, when you were told for the THIRD time that Abby and Andrew had been killed, why did you pronounce a "WHAT" to Mrs. Churchill? Why?"
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

We know you do, Franz! 'Smile'. When Lizzie went back upstairs to her room there might have been a slight problem for the killer, however, as the rooms were so near to each other. Why didn't she investigate any noise, (impossible for anyone to keep absolutely still for ninety minutes or so and a man's footstep is very different to even a heavy woman's?)
irina

Post by irina »

What I absolutely BELIEVE is that Lizzie was not vicious, cruel or greedy. I FEEL she didn't physically commit the murders but I can't rule out her having knowledge of the perpetrator. I KNOW there isn't enough evidence to prove guilt or non-guilt and therefore I BELIEVE it is best to be open minded and be willing to discuss the case from both points of view. I BELIEVE that if Lizzie did it she did it for a deep and distressing reason that would go a long way toward mitigation.
Is all we see or seem but a dream within a dream. ~Edgar Allan Poe
Franz

Post by Franz »

irina wrote:What I absolutely BELIEVE is that Lizzie was not vicious, cruel or greedy...
Agree.
"Mr. Morse, when you were told for the THIRD time that Abby and Andrew had been killed, why did you pronounce a "WHAT" to Mrs. Churchill? Why?"