Writing Again

This is the place for friendly chit-chat on off-topic subjects.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

MysteryReader

Writing Again

Post by MysteryReader »

I should combine all of my writings together. At least then, I'd have a complete book! :roll:

A thought came to me while I couldn't sleep the other night (Insomnia)- how about one where Lizzie confesses to someone on her deathbed? I started out with one murderer but I think I'll have 2. Just got to flesh out what the motive would have been :smile:

Hopefully, this one will actually make it to completion (unlike the one I tried with Sherlock and Lizzie).
twinsrwe

Re: Writing Again

Post by twinsrwe »

This sounds interesting, Mystery. I can see a conspiracy to commit murder involving Emma and Lizzie, then the motive would be easy to figure out. However, with there being 2 murderers it is going to be much harder to figure out who the two murderers are, as well as a motive!
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
MysteryReader

Post by MysteryReader »

I *think* I have a motive or two :grin: and I think I've identified the 2 murderers. I've been trying to finish my Parallel Lives book and looking back over the forum posts for more ideas and information.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Sounds like a good idea! :grin: I'm looking forward to reading what you come up with.
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Sounds exciting Mystery :!:

Fiction is such a versatile medium when attacking a subject that has been undertaken by countless historians and investigated and studied from every angle, until every possible angle has been exhausted.

Truth has a finite angle of approach. Fiction is as vast as one's imagination.

For me, I have consumed all my cravings and desires to write about Lizzie Borden.... in a formal way, you see. Though I will still write about her here on the forum, to write a formal account or fiction based on Lizzie Borden is just not in my stars. I did think of writing a book which I feel must be written, and I did have plans to do so. And that is one based on truth. One which would put straight the truths and lies people believe or which previous authors have circulated. Fallacious and inaccurate accounts—legends, folklore, and myths. I even had a title. The True Lies of Lizzie Borden.

But after two books on the subject and a handful of magazine articles, I think i'm finished, kaput, extinguished.

Now, about writhing a fictional account with 2 killers? With out naming the title, please be aware that it has been done, recently. Not telling you to find another avenue, just to be aware of that.

:study:
MysteryReader

Post by MysteryReader »

Hi MB

Aww... you should write it anyway as it sounds intriguing. I didn't know that it has been done recently. I'm just putting my urges, if you will, to paper. Need to get it out of my system :grin: Not sure if I'll finish it or not but at least I'll get it out of my system and move on. I should put my criminal justice degree to use and write a mystery or something :roll:
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes:

By all means, Mystery, tap every urge you feel to transcribe your drive and ideas to paper. (computer screen) Write, write, write.

Sometimes it is best to let your fingers do the writing and not so much your mind. No matter how implausible or absurd your passage or ideas may be, sometimes great ideas evolve out of scribble and doodle scratch.

In any event, like you said, you must get it out of your system. Don't expect it to be right the first time, or to strike "literary bliss" or attain academic brilliance with one stroke of the pen. More than not it is hard work. But, who knows? You may find it easy. But you will never know unless you write. So get out there and be a pirate. Write! :!:

:study: