Little boy found.....

This is the place for friendly chit-chat on off-topic subjects.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Audrey

Little boy found.....

Post by Audrey »

The heart of the "Lost Dauphin" Louis XVII will be interred in the Royal Crypt on the 8th of June.

Poor little Louis Charles.... He was the son of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette.

For years he was known as the "Lost Daupin". Many claimed that he has escaped and another child had died in his place. Several came forward claiming to be him.

DNA tests have satisfied many that he did indeed die and that his heart which had been removed (a common practice with royals) by a doctor and kept. The heart made it's way about Europe before DNA testing became available. It has been determined that the heart and a lock of Marie Antionette's hair do share the same DNA.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5130086/

http://www.historywiz.org/louisxvii.htm
lydiapinkham

Post by lydiapinkham »

Thanks for the story and picture, Auds. Now DNA testing has cleared up both Anastasia and Louis. May he rest in peace!

--Lyddie
Kat

Post by Kat »

I had always hoped he escaped. Reality is cruel, isn't it?
Harry

Post by Harry »

It's nice to read things like that. It reminds me of the Czar's family and how most were finally found and buried properly. Not too much to ask especially for children.
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

I had a great passion at one time to read about Nicolas and Alexandria.

It is a sad story. The collapse of an entire society and way of life that can, in many ways be "blamed" on the unconditional love of a mother for her child....