I found a bedspread that was made in Fall River, MA!

This is the place for friendly chit-chat on off-topic subjects.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Elizabelle

I found a bedspread that was made in Fall River, MA!

Post by Elizabelle »

My sister and I have a box of my granny's old bedspreads, blankets, pillow cases, etc.

We recently painted and re-decorated my sisters bedroom and we got out my granny's "box-o-blankets" to find something that would coordinate with her new decor.

We chose a loverly antique lace bedspread with a faint, intricate woven floral design. There is no color...it's all ivory. It's a very elegant & classy piece of work.

I looked at the tag on the bedspread (my granny was a law-abiding citizen and did not remove her tags, by penalty of law), and LOW & BEHOLD...it was made in Fall River, MA!!!

I'm not at my sister's house right now, so I can't remember the name of the textile mill, but I will ask her when she gets home, and let you all know the name.
LIZZIE BORDEN'S THEME SONG
(to the tune of Green Acres)

Fall River is the place to be,
city living is the life for me.
Bought a nicer house,
so big and wide!
Forget 92 Second Street,
that's where I was charged with homicide!
Allen

Post by Allen »

Finiding an antique bedspread made in Fall River, Ma. is really cool Elizabelle. It's odd how we can have things for years sometimes and not even really know what we have. Then one day it's like wow :shock: where did that come from? I've had that happen to me a few times. I'm really interested to hear where it was made. :smile:
"He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the head of dispute." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Kat

Re: where did that come from?

Post by Kat »

Allen wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:36 pm Finiding an antique bedspread made in Fall River, Ma. is really cool Elizabelle. It's odd how we can have things for years sometimes and not even really know what we have. Then one day it's like wow :shock: where did that come from? I've had that happen to me a few times. I'm really interested to hear where it was made. :smile:
I was going though an old trunk in the garage two nights ago, and found what I didn't really know I had! There were about 150 art print photogravure reproductions! They'd been out there over 50 years! :shock: WoW! Hurcules!
Clickonpic for right side up... :peanut12:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.