New here, just saying hello

This is the place for friendly chit-chat on off-topic subjects.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Debbie

New here, just saying hello

Post by Debbie »

I signed up on this forum several days ago and have been doing a lot of reading. thought it was finally time to jump in. Hope I am posting this in the correct place.
My name is Debbie and I live in North Carolina. My husband and I own a semi, so are always on the road traveling. Thank goodness for laptop computers with wireless internet connections.
I have always loved the mystery that surrounds Lizzie. I am trying to talk my husband into taking me to Fall River for a visit.
I have read several books on Lizzie and have jumped sides on the guilty or innocent issue. In my heart I believe she is innocent, but from the years I spent being a cop, I have to go based on the information given and that tends to make her look guilty.
I am having a problem with pics that have been posted. When I click on them to make them bigger, I receive the message, "Sorry but you are not authorized to view or download this Attachment". Anyone have a clue how to correct this? I was signed in at the time and not a guest.
Thank-you for allowing me to join this group. I am looking forward to meeting a lot of new friends here.

Debbie
Harry

Post by Harry »

Hi Debbie,

Welcome to the forum! :smile: Always nice to see new members.

A lot of us have probably waivered back and forth on her guilt. I guess that's what keeps us fascinated by the case.

If you haven't already, make sure you visit the Library where there is literally a ton of information on the Borden case and Fall River.

http://www.lizzieandrewborden.com/LizzieABorden.htm

As far as the photos not opening do you have that problem anywhere else or just photos posted on the forum?
lydiapinkham

Post by lydiapinkham »

Welcome, Debbie! We're always glad to see new posters. (Love your avatar!) Hope someone can clear up your photo problem. I am probably the least technical of us, but I wish you luck!

--Lyddie
Haulover

Post by Haulover »

Hello, Debbie. Nice to meet you.
Kat

Post by Kat »

HI! And welcome!
It may be my pics which you can't view? I don't know the answer. I do know that one has to be a member and logged in to view these- but you said you were... hmm...
If it happens again, please contact Stefani?
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

Welcome!

You did a good thing when you joined this forum!

It is a wonderful place to be! No ads, no pop ups, great people and enough resources to keep you happily reading for hours!
Adminlizzieborden
Site Admin

Post by Adminlizzieborden »

I tried to see what might be causing you to not see or have authorization to view the images, but nothing on the Forum's end is stopping you. What browser are you using? Perhaps it is an older one? If it is, try upgrading and trying again. Or use a different browser (Netscape or Internet Explorer, depending on the one you now use) and see if the problem repeats itself. If it does, write me at forum@lizzieandrewborden.com and I will investigate further.

Stefani
Administrator,
Lizzie Borden Society Forum
Nancie

Post by Nancie »

Welcome Debbie! I have problems with the
pix and downloads also, but I know it is because
of my slow computer and sometimes an AOL problem.
Susan

Post by Susan »

Image Hi Debbie, welcome to the forum! You're in good company, I know I vacillate between a guilty Lizzie to Lizzie knowing about the murders but not actually commiting them herself. A cop, wow, I'm sure we'll have some questions for you about the police and the case that you may be able to answer for us. Once again, welcome aboard! :smile:
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Welcome Debbie ! YES...Go to Fall River if you ever get the chance ! Staying at THE house is a definite experience !It seems that most of us who have stayed there, have a story to tell. Again, welcome to the forum !

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
Debbie

Post by Debbie »

Thank-you all for the nice welcome.
The download problem seems to have cleared itself up. Its working fine now.
I must say that I feel a certain kinship on this forum. As I said before, I read posts for several days before posting. I wanted to get the feel of this forum first. I have found everyone here to be intelligent when it comes to detective work on this long standing mystery.
I have taken Harry's advice and have been reading the case files and find them very interesting. However, they do make one have more questions.
I am looking more closely at John Morse now. Something about him just isn't right. His alibis is a problem for me, as well as the manner in which he returned to the house following the murders. I think I would have rushed into the home to see what was going on.
Don't really think my days as a deputy will help here much, as was stated in one post. I wasn't a detective, just the run of the mill deputy. I left the sheriffs department to take care of my father full time. He had Alzheimer's disease and died in February 1997. I decided not to go back to police work after his death and became a office manager for a large commerical farm. Growing tired of that, and with the kids grown, I decided to join my husband on the semi.
As for my family, I have a 24 year old daughter and a 20 year old daughter. I also have two step-sons, 23 and 21, and a 14 year old step-daugher. My husband and I have six wonderful grandchildren and one that should be arriving in late october.
Hope this post isn't too long. I just wanted to add some back ground information. After reading the forum for several days, I feel like I know all of you beter than you know me.
Again, thanks for the nice welcome.

Debbie
Kat

Post by Kat »

Thanks for introducing yourself! That is very courteous and is appreciated. :smile:

As for John Morse- can you believe they totally left him out of The Legend movie? How can they make a movie without John Morse?

Anyway- I heard that it could be perfectly natural for a Fall River man to walk past the house not noticing anything and picking up pears to eat before going inside. (I was told someone actually has done this throughout his life- like with apples)- but I was thinking about this when I read your first post, and I realized that Morse never did this on Wednesday when he came- so why would it be natural for him to do it Thursday?