Welcome To Florida On A Saturday In June

This is the place for friendly chit-chat on off-topic subjects.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Kat

Welcome To Florida On A Saturday In June

Post by Kat »

KK
You are actually looking Into the window at the restaurant with the yellow flowers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Pleaseclickonpic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kat

Post by Kat »

pleaseclickonpic
You all saw this view at Christmas
Kat

Post by Kat »

pleaseclickonpic
Kat

Post by Kat »

clickonpic
Kat

Post by Kat »

clickonpic
a Plymouth!
(not my car...:smile:
Kat

Post by Kat »

on the way home

pleaseclickonpic
Kat

Post by Kat »

on the way home

pleaseclickonpic
Kat

Post by Kat »

this is the park which is on the lake
my friends got married here in 1975 and it hasn't changed.
it's about a mile from my house
Mark A.

Post by Mark A. »

Nice pics as usual Kat. I like the last one of the columns framed by the trees. Keep the pics coming. I enjoy them.
Mark A.
Tina-Kate

Post by Tina-Kate »

Do you know if those columns were placed there on their own for decoration, or are they salvaged from an old building? 1 of my fav places in Toronto is a hotel on "The Bluffs" (cliffs leading down to Lake Ontario). It was an artists' colony from the 20s & 30s & the garden contains architectural details (columns, bits of arches, statuary, etc) from demolished bldgs in downtown Toronto. I hate the destruction of historical bldgs & love the idea that artists saved bits of them to make a magical-looking garden.
“I am innocent. I leave it to my counsel to speak for me.”
—Lizzie A. Borden, June 20, 1893
Kat

Post by Kat »

I think it is decoration. Lots of really, really rich people lived and live around that lake. The park itself is named Kraft Azeala Garden, after the Kraft (cheese) family who had a villa estate on the lake.
Susan

Post by Susan »

Nice pics, Kat. Love the Cypress(?) trees with the Spanish moss, makes me miss Florida. Thanks for sharing them with us. :grin:
Kat

Post by Kat »

Yup, Cypress trees, good for you!

This is the lake we were on Memorial Weekend, in da boat.
augusta

Post by augusta »

Just gorgeous, Kat. Thanks for sharing! Those photos of the trees look professional.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Welcome to Florida in mid-July!
I just heard on the local weather this past noon that we are having more lightening strikes than ever in our recorded history- that up until this year 40,000 lightening strikes over the Hurricane Season was a normal average (which season starts June 1st)- yet by this date, July 14th, we have sustained 70,000 hits already!

I've already replaced my DSL modem, my VCR and now my stereo receiver. AH! And both surge protectors!
Haulover

Post by Haulover »

i don't doubt it. it's hot as hell here, and it storms just about every evening. (this is much more fun in miami, though.)
Tina-Kate

Post by Tina-Kate »

We're smack in the middle of summer storm season up here. Torrential rain lasted all night to mid-morning. I woke up to find our city has been put into "A State of Emergency" with what's already been dubbed: "The Great Flood of 2004". I was surprised, as things are completely normal @ my house. However, we're on a hill (something to Lizzie's desire to live on the Hill!). I was supposed to start a new job today, but that's been postponed until tomorrow at least (just my luck). In the low-lying areas, things are supposedly a complete mess. One of the lakeside hotels has all the sewage backed-up into the bathtubs & toilets. Downtown, a below-street-level CD store is under 6' of water. Some residential streets were turned 3' deep rivers. Etc etc etc. Ah, summer!
Haulover

Post by Haulover »

now that's what i call coming out on top!
Tina-Kate

Post by Tina-Kate »

I'm not sure what you mean about "coming out on top", but I'm very lucky to be living on slightly higher ground. No one was injured, massive property damage, tho. One of the worst things -- some of the basement windows gave in @ the library, destroying an historical collection of books, photos & records.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... TVNewsAt11
Kat

Post by Kat »

Wow! That sounds like really unusual weather!
A town near Williamsport, Pa.( we have family in Williamsport and the Little League Hall of Fame is there) just overflowed it's 20 something dams and it's a mess from too much rain.

Have you seen the movie The Day After Tomorrow?
They hole up in the New York Public Library and have to burn books to keep warm in the new Ice Age!
Kat

Post by Kat »

Welcome to Florida on July 22, in the early evening.
The back porch sliding door was open so the cats could bask in the sun.
That was probably how this Big Huge Lizard got in and harrassed me in my living room!
I grabbed my heavy-duty flip-flop and tried to smack him. My error was in flipping my wrist back a notch in order to spring foreward. It was that cocking of my wrist, a nanosecond- which allowed him to escape under the dry sink. I had lunged so hard with my hand I bent back 1/3 of my thumbnail and it broke the seal and bled.
I sat and stared at the spot he had disappeared (after I gave myself first aid). I was in dread and then finally gave up. Capitulated. Thought about the cats maybe getting him, though I had no high hopes. A bit later I went into the family room and Sweety was playing cat-and-lizard! Good ole' Sweety! I praised her and it stole her attention (I think she has ADD) and it got away again! Her job description includes ripping out lizard's throats. She let me down.
Well, I came back again later still and she was staring at a small lump under the carpet. I knew that pointer-dog stance! So I went and stepped on the lump! I got my lizard. He's still under there. I'm hopuing he dries out quickly like a mummy-lizard.
Susan

Post by Susan »

:lol: That made me laugh and cringe at the same time. Eww, I don't know if I could ever step on a creepy crawly thing like that, even under the carpet. :shock:
Nancie

Post by Nancie »

My best friend wants me to retire to Florida in
my old age but Ugh I just hate those lizards, snakes
too there. I"ll stay in New Joisey and deal with the
mobsters and traffic.
Kat

Post by Kat »

A lady got dragged into a lake 2 days ago by an alligator which must have been almost as long as a pickup truck.
I didn't hear the details but I saw the creature on the news.

I guess that puts my lizard in perspective!