Unexplained Mysteries

This is the place for friendly chit-chat on off-topic subjects.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Kat

Unexplained Mysteries

Post by Kat »

Tracy: That show was on last night and will be repeated tonight- Unexplained Mysteries- or whatever it's called. This program was on "This Strange Planet" and it had the Marfa Lights in Texas and DOWSING [that is a huge coincidence :smile: ], and this spokesman talked about the mystical places of "power" at Glastronbury and Avesbury and Stonehenge and Machu Pichu. [Stef and I have been to the first 3 and I met a Peruvian man who talked to me about Machu Pichu (sp?)] The spokesman on the show described these places as being situated on Leys which are like magnetic lines [probably at junctures of leys]. He said they induced the alpha and theta states in the brain which bestow creativity and spiritual inspiration in the individual.

I have books on these topics, so this wasn't new to me and I was curious to find that the most scientific answer given for the Marfa Lights on the program was by a Japanese man who thinks they are an atmospheric phenomenom-- what is interesting is this show has not been updated, even unto 2 or 3 years ago...tho they have added lots of noises and color and graphics.

Oh- they also covered the Bermuda Triangle (which did not seem to have the updated explanation for that either!) and the place which is similar in the Great Lakes region and they talked about the Edmund Fitzgerald.
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

THANKS for the info Kat ! I plan to watch tonight. I flew through a corner of the Bermuda Triangle once, and I have seen the Northern Lights in Alaska. I'll be Stonehenge was so cool !

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Glastonbury was the most interesting and compelling place, probably because we did not pay to go thru the tunnel and inside the fence to tour Stonehenge. We were there but didn't go near.
And I was robbed at Avesbury by a local, so that was an odd experience. Ruined the charm of Avesbury.
There is one of those giant horses there etched in the chalk of the hill.

The newest theory on the Bermuda Triangle is that there are huge hidden pockets of methane gas under the Atlantic Ocean in the area of the *Triangle* and that it releases itself unexpectedly under pressure and since it is colorlesss and invisible it can cause havoc to ships and planes, sinking them almost immediately. It displaces the water somehow, making a ship sink and the gas can rise high enough to snag an airplane.

I don't know how it can fool with the magnetic instruments tho- a member of our family had a scary experience in a plane around the area.
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

I am watching the show right this very second ! The ley lines thing is very interesting. I wonder where the ley lines of Fall River and the rest of Bristol County "are" ? OK, I am going back to the show...they are going to talk about the marfa lights next.

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
Kat

Post by Kat »

It took me 25 years to realize that when they use the phrase "ley lines" they are being redundant.
I liked the demonstration of the dowsing and the leys they have plotted in Seatle.
They want to honor the magical sites of power in Seatle to subdue the crime and make a more peaceful place. I say hurry up- they grow an uncommon amount of serial killers in the region- and sociopaths.