Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

This is the place for friendly chit-chat on off-topic subjects.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Aamartin

Post by Aamartin »

What do you think happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight 370?
Miranda

Re: Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

Post by Miranda »

I think it went down in the ocean. Im not too good with conspiracy theories.
Aamartin

Post by Aamartin »

Miranda wrote:I think it went down in the ocean. Im not too good with conspiracy theories.

Same here
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Now Australia says they picked up pings from the black box
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

I think the Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is just as much of a mysterious occurrence as the Borden Murders; perhaps even more so.
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

For certain there will always be disagreement about what transpired unless the wreckage is located and the black box turns out the be a smoking gun. For this to be a true conspiracy many nations, not generally amicable to one another, would have to be in agreement to withhold vital information. Which means it either crashed into the ocean near where they're searching or we're all in danger of a true War of the Worlds. Can you imagine what would happen if earthlings were threatened by alien invasion?

Come to think of it, maybe someone should write a book that Andrew and Abby were killed by Martians...at least that would be a new idea.
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*
Even Paranoids Have Enemies

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear."
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

My guess is that they will upgrade the black boxes, so the batteries last longer, maybe 2 monthes, after this case.
Franz

Post by Franz »

I just wonder why there is no debris at all in the zones where they are searching for black boxes.
"Mr. Morse, when you were told for the THIRD time that Abby and Andrew had been killed, why did you pronounce a "WHAT" to Mrs. Churchill? Why?"
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

I don't think they found debris from that Air France flight a few years back because the plane hit the water going straight down, nose first. So it didn't scatter over the water. Could be the same thing here.
Franz

Post by Franz »

Fargo wrote:I don't think they found debris from that Air France flight a few years back because the plane hit the water going straight down, nose first. So it didn't scatter over the water. Could be the same thing here.
To be honest I don't understand well your post. If I remember well, the AirFrance 447 did hit the water going straight down and its debris was found a few days later, together with some bodies.

I can even imagine that, if the plane was hijacked, and the hijacker (I am not saying that the hijacker was the pilot of the MH370) didn't want the plane to be found, he could have tried his best when the plane entered into the sea so that it could remain (almost) intact (technically it's possbile). But once the plane touched the seabed, 4,500 meters or so under the sea level, how could it be possible that the great pressure of the water still hasn't destroyed (at least) the most fragile parts of the aircraft and nothing has not been found in the sea? Does the silt submerge (almost) totally the body of the aircraft?

Any thoughts?
"Mr. Morse, when you were told for the THIRD time that Abby and Andrew had been killed, why did you pronounce a "WHAT" to Mrs. Churchill? Why?"
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Well if they found debris from the France flight it wasn't what they were expecting that plane went down in a tailspin. Silt on the ocean floor would take a long time to cover wreckage. Look at the Titanic for example. I think someday they will find Earhart's plane. The aluminum Lockheed Electra. If they keep looking its a process of elimination.
Franz

Post by Franz »

I just read, in a Chinese website, that a member of the search group declared that if they found nothing in the current zone, they would reconsider the possibility that the plane didn't crash at all in Indian Ocean, but landed somewhere.

To be honest I am not surprised at all by reading such a thing.
Franz

Post by Franz »

Does anyone of you follow more or less regularly the MH370 case? What do you think about its latest developments?

The lack of any debris in that zone is always disturbing for me. And if the plane didn't crash there, how to explain the signals detected? OMG, it's just horrible to continue to think about all of this!
Kat

Post by Kat »

History's Greatest Mysteries was on tonight with their new episode on Flight 370. I've always been fascinated with this disaster. Again, like their treatment of the Dyatlov Pass mystery, they gave several scenarios as to what might have happened. If anyone is interested, they can probably catch the show again. History Channel.

I had not been convinced that military radar followed the flight as long as was claimed (especially when that was only revealed days later and at the actual time it was supposedly following it, it was not known the plane was "lost")- I wanted proof, not just their say-so. Later, they did show back up evidence of an automatic transmission that occurred hourly between the plane's systems and the satellite, so I was satisfied with that. (That would be proof the plane did continue flying all those hours)

The pieces that were eventually found seemed to have come ashore in 5 countries? And one piece had a serial number on it so that convinced some investigators, but not others. Apparently, it's still possible the pieces were planted years after, and that the plane was actually hijacked. This is one theory amongst several presented- very thought provoking- well worth watching.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Here is another chance to watch the History Channel's recent investigation into the missing Malaysia Flight 370. It repeats tonight at 8 pm EDST. History's Greatest Mysteries.