Paul is Dead

This is the place for friendly chit-chat on off-topic subjects.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

mbhenty

Paul is Dead

Post by mbhenty »

Here is some fodder for all you conspiracy theorists.

http://stateofthenation2012.com/?p=12355
MysteryReader

Re: Paul is Dead

Post by MysteryReader »

I forgot where I read it/heard it but that did happen (the claim) but he's alive and kicking! He just played with Billy Joel a couple of years ago in concert.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Imagine the odds of finding an exact Paul McCartney look-alike, who sounds like Paul, writes songs like Paul, and can play bass and guitar left-handed (just like Paul) as well as being incredible at piano (just like Paul).

http://tinyurl.com/nu57gar

PAUL MCCARTNEY REFUTES RINGO STARR’S ALLEGATIONS THAT HE DIED IN 1966

http://tinyurl.com/nshn68d

Here is what snopes.com has to say: http://tinyurl.com/lh599xp
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

To this day a few diehard cluesters still persist in their belief that McCartney died in 1966. It is the most persistent and elaborate false death rumor in history.

http://tinyurl.com/nwwreh9
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

That guy who replaced him in 1966 is one damn talented musician!!!!
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*
Even Paranoids Have Enemies

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear."
Franz

Post by Franz »

This world is just wonderful!

I remember to have read an article saying that some forensic students studied the face (bone) form of Paul's photos before and after 1966, and concluded that the difference was overwelming.

Really? What's your opinion about this story?
"Mr. Morse, when you were told for the THIRD time that Abby and Andrew had been killed, why did you pronounce a "WHAT" to Mrs. Churchill? Why?"
Franz

Post by Franz »

If Paul denied that he is dead and replaced by William Campbell, did any journalist try to find this William Campbell, and interview him, if alive, or try to find --- sorry to say so ---his grave, if dead? It's said that he won a Paul McCartney lookalike competition. If so, he should not remain totally anonymous.

Where is this William Campbell now, please?
"Mr. Morse, when you were told for the THIRD time that Abby and Andrew had been killed, why did you pronounce a "WHAT" to Mrs. Churchill? Why?"
Franz

Post by Franz »

I found this webpage:

http://www.beatlesbible.com/features/paul-is-dead/

in which we read: " ...LaBour used clues from Gibb's programme along with others he had invented himself - including the name of William Campbell, the alleged replacement for McCartney...."

If this is true, if the name of William Campbell is just an invention, how could be "Paul McCartney lookalike competition" an invention, too? People would find out soon that, or this competition never took place; or the winner of this competition was not William Campbell.

I just understand nothing. Help!
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

We need some DNA testing--McCartney's schoolbooks, his first guitar, and his hairbrush now!
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

The death of Paul McCartney began back in September of 1969, after American college students hypothesized that there were numerous references to his death in The Beatles’ songs and albums. One of the biggest alleged indications was the cover of The Beatles album titled, Abbey Road, which allegedly suggested that Paul McCartney had indeed perished. Let’s take a look at what this album cover indicated about Paul’s supposed death.

Here is the Abby Road album cover that started a decades-long conspiracy theory:
original_441.jpg
The photo shoot for their new Abbey Road album happened just yards from the eponymous recording studios and took ten minutes - only six frames were taken by the photographer, Iain Macmillan, who was perched on a stepladder. It has since become one of the most iconic covers in history for two reasons - no album cover has inspired more imitations, and none has spawned such a mass of conspiracy theories.

For Beatles obsessives with fevered imaginations, it was ultimate proof of the bizarre theory of the time - that Paul McCartney was, in fact, dead.
According to the legend, Paul had died in a car accident and been replaced by an impostor. The band, it was said, subsequently felt guilty about the deception, and so placed hidden clues on the album cover for their fans.

Thus, even today, despite the apparent rude health of McCartney, they insist that if you look closely at the images on the front and back of the album it is packed with deathly symbolism.
article-1205310-06002520000005DC-11_634x372.jpg
1. THE FUNERAL
The procession of The Beatles across the zebra crossing, say the conspiracy theorists, represents Paul's funeral. John Lennon leads in a white suit and symbolizes the preacher; Ringo Starr is the mourner, dressed in black; George Harrison, in scruffy shirt and trousers, denotes the grave-digger; Paul is wearing an old suit and is the only one who is barefoot. He later explained that he began the shoot wearing sandals but, because it was a hot day, he kicked them off. The theorists believed that if this was the case, the hot tarmac would be too uncomfortable. This, they argued, was a sign that Paul was the corpse.

2. THE CIGARETTE
Paul McCartney is left-handed, but here holds his cigarette in his right hand. At the time, cigarettes were commonly referred to as 'coffin nails'. This, therefore, could be seen as a message that Paul's 'coffin lid' had been nailed down and that the man in the picture was a lookalike. Paul is also out of step with the other band members. Each of the others has his left leg forward, but Paul has his right leg forward - again marking him out as different.

3. THE REGISTRATION PLATE
The white VW Beetle in the background has the registration LMW 28IF - 28 being the age conspiracy theorists say Paul would have been IF he hadn't 'died'. In fact, Paul was 27 when Abbey Road was released - but fortunately for the theorists, Indian mystics count a person's age from conception, not birth, in which case Paul would have indeed been 28 at the time. Besides, the band were famously followers of the Indian guru, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. It has also been suggested that the LMW stands for 'Linda McCartney Weeps' - referring to his new wife whom he had married earlier that year.

4. THE SPECTATORS
In the background, a small group of people dressed in white stand on one side of the road, while a lone person stands on the other. Is this meant to be Paul, alone and different from the others?

5. THE POLICE VAN
On the right-hand side of the road is a black police van, believed to be a reference to the police who kept quiet about Paul's 'death'. According to legend, the band's manager, Brian Epstein, bought their silence, and the presence of the Maria is meant as another subtle thank you.

6. THE LINE OF CARS
A line can be traced from the VW Beetle to the three cars in front of it. If it is drawn connecting their right wheels it runs straight through Paul's head, with theorists suggesting that means Paul sustained a head injury because of a car crash.

7. THE BLOODSTAIN
On the Australian version of the album, the cover showed what could be a bloodstain splattered on the road just behind Ringo and John, supposedly backing claims of a road accident.
article-0-06002340000005DC-389_634x625.jpg
8. THE CRACKED S
On the back cover there is a picture of the Abbey Road sign and above it the name Beatles has been written. There is an obvious crack running through the S - thought to suggest problems within the group.

9. THE DOTS
To the left of the name 'BEATLES' there are a series of eight dots. When joined together they form the number three. Did this mean there were only three Beatles left?

10. IMAGE OF DEATH
If the back cover is turned 45 degrees anticlockwise a crude image of the Grim Reaper appears, from his skull to his black gown. Theorists believed it was a sign that someone in the group had died.

11. THE GIRL
Nobody knows the identity of the girl dressed in blue on the back cover. On the night of the theorists' 'car crash' it was raining heavily and Paul is said to have given a lift to a fan called Rita. It could be that this girl is her, either fleeing the scene or running to get help.

12. PAUL'S FINAL RESTING PLACE
If the writing on the wall is split into sections, it conveys the cryptic message, 'Be at Les Abbey'. In numerology the following two letters, R and O, are the 18th and 15th letters in the alphabet. By adding this together (33) and multiplying by the number of letters (2), we get 66, the year Paul is supposed to have died. Three also represents the letter C so 33 could also stand for CC. Cece is short for Cecilia, with theorists claiming Paul was 'laid to rest' at St Cecilia's Abbey, a monastery in Ryde, Isle of Wight.

What is certain is that the album denoted one death of sorts. Unbeknown to the public at the time, The Beatles were in the final throes of a bitter break-up and would never record another album. Relations had deteriorated to such an extent that the group abandoned their original title of Everest, together with a shoot in the Himalayas, and were photographed instead walking away from the studios and everything they had once shared.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/q5xcox
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

PaulSLv.jpg
In 1991 Paul McCartney released the album, "Paul Is Live," with a cover parodying Abbey Road. This time, McCartney is tugging on the leash of his sheepdog, and the white Beetle license plate is 51 IS, telling us that he "IS" alive and 51 years old. For the shot, Paul stepped back onto the crossing and stepped back in time. Paul said, "This time I've got my boots on …. Veggie Doc Martens, by the way, so they're not dead either." The Volkswagen Beetle parked near the crossing walk belonged to a Swedish couple living in the apartment across from the recording studio. At the time of the photo session an effort was made to get them to move the Beetle, but they were on vacation at the time...

The album's title is a response to the "Paul is dead" rumours after the 1969 release of The Beatles last studio album, Abby Road, and the cover of Paul Is Live is a digitally altered version of the 1969 album's sleeve. Intentional differences between the two covers are:

• The infamous "LMW-281F" on the Volkswagen Beetle’s license plate was mis-read as "LMW-28IF", purportedly meaning that Linda McCartney Weeps and that McCartney would have been 28 if he had lived – is edited to read "51IS", indicating that he is alive and his age at the time was 51.

• McCartney is wearing shoes; on Abbey Road he had appeared with bare feet, while the other Beatles had shoes. This mismatch was viewed as an eye catch to the hoax.

• His left foot is forward. In the original cover, McCartney's right foot was forward, out of step with the other Beatles.

• He holds the dog's leash in his left hand; since he is left-handed, many thought that another clue of the "dead Paul" from Abbey Road was the cigarette he held in his right hand.

• The police car - said to symbolize the policemen who had been bribed by the other three Beatles to keep quiet about Paul's death - has been removed.

The dog appearing on the cover is Arrow, one of the offspring of Martha, the sheepdog that was the inspiration for the title of the song "Martha My Dear". The cover photo is from the Abbey Road cover photo shoot by photographer Iain Macmillan. There are differences between this and the photograph used for the Abbey Road cover; most notably, the taxi present in the Abbey Road cover photograph does not feature here. The retouching was done by CGI artist Erwin Keustermans, who erased the Beatles and put in McCartney and the dog, taken from 35 mm pictures by Linda McCartney.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/phwbgf2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

The Abby Road Album by the Beatles was released in September of 1969, however, it was not the first Beatles album which resulted in a conspiracy. The Beatles White Album was released in November of 1968, and was a large part of Charles Manson’s visionary theorizing of Helter Skelter, which resulted in the deaths of 8 people. (I count Sharon Tate’s unborn child as one, since she was 8 months along in her pregnancy).

The Influence of the Beatles on Charles Manson

One of the two great influences on the thinking of Charles Manson, along with the Book of Revelation, was the musical group the Beatles. According to Family members, Manson would most often quote "the Beatles and the Bible." The two influences were linked, in that Manson saw the four Beatles members as being the "four angels" referred to in Revelation 9. Revelation 9 also tells of "locusts"--the Beatles, of course--coming out upon the earth. It describes prophets as having "faces as the faces of men" but with "the hair of women"--an assumed reference too the long hair of the all-male English group. In Revelation 9, the four angels with "breastplates of fire"--electric guitars--"issued fire and brimstone"--song lyrics.

Manson believed that the Beatles spoke to him through their lyrics, especially those included in the White Album, released in December 1968. Several songs from the White Album crystalized Manson's thinking about a coming revolt by blacks against the white Establishment. He interpreted many of the songs idiosyncratically, believing, for example, that "Rocky Raccoon" meant black people and "Happiness is a Warm Gun" was a song about getting firearms to carry on the revolution rather than--more obviously--a song about sex.

The White Album played a key role in forging Manson's warped ideology. According to Family member Paul Watkins, "Before Helter Skelter came along, all Charlie cared about was orgies."

http://tinyurl.com/lvqfq8n
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

I don't believe that Paul is dead. I do believe that the Beatles and/or their entourage cooked up the idea for the sake of the publicity it would generate.
A man ... wants to give his wife ... the interest in a little homestead where her sister lives. How wicked to have found fault with it. How petty to have found fault with it. (Hosea Knowlton in his closing argument.)
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

I have never believed Paul died either, Constantine. I agree, this hoax was for the sake of the publicity it generated.

Both Capitol Records and The Beatles definitely had a financial motive to devise such a scheme. The Paul-Is-Dead rumor led to massive sales of all the Beatles' albums. People were buying multiple copies of the albums in order study the covers for clues, as well as to play the albums backwards to listen for hidden messages. Capitol Records and The Beatles may not have started the rumor, but they didn’t do much to discourage it, either.

If you stop and think about it; using your common sense, that is. Just what would be the chances of immediately finding an exact Paul McCartney look-alike, who sounds like Paul, writes songs with the same level of talent like Paul, and can play bass and guitar left-handed (just like Paul), as well as being incredible at piano (just like Paul) and has the same mannerisms that the real Paul had. That’s a mind-blowing find, don’t you think?

Imagine the massive number of people who would have to live a lie in order to keep this conspiracy going - family members, friends, loved ones.

Imagine William Campbell, the Paul McCartney look-alike, agreeing to leave his family members, drop his own identity, and spend the rest of his days in a charade as another person.

Imagine the real Paul McCartney's grieving family gladly going along with the entire plan, and freely handing over all of the real Paul's estate to this stranger impersonating their dead relative, just to keep this conspiracy going.

Imagine all of the people involved in producing an album, as well as the remaining Beatles along with ‘look-alike and sound-alike Paul’ and their manager, deciding to participate in the illegal cover up of Paul’s death, yet they proceeded to let the entire world in on the massive conspiracy by leaving these obvious little "clues" through the music and album covers. If Paul actually died, why the need for a cover-up and conspiracy?

The Paul Is Dead conspiracy makes Arnold Brown’s Billy Borden conspiracy look like romper room material, doesn’t it?

However, there is one person who definitely knows the answer to weather Paul McCartney actually died in 1966 and was replaced by a look-alike, or not; that person is Jane Asher. Paul and Jane began a 5 year relationship in November of 1963; 3 years before he supposedly died in a car accident. By 1967 they became engaged to be married, but in July of 1968, 2 years after Paul supposedly died in a car accident, the relationship ended suddenly when Jane allegedly caught Paul in bed with another woman. However, Jane is not a kiss and tell gal; she adamantly refuses to talk about the relationship she had with Paul. I’m sure Jane Asher would have known the difference. I am also sure she would NOT have gone along with this conspiracy nor continued a relationship with a man who not the real Paul McCartney.

Here take a look at these pictures:
Paul McCartney then and now.jpg
Paul_mccartney.jpg
paul-mccartney x.jpg
Paul McCartney did not died; as far as I am concerned these pictures are of the same man.

The Paul-Is-Dead conspiracy is the most persistent and elaborate false death rumor in history!
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

Agreed, Agreed! However, I've always thought it was a group of very obsessive Beatles fans who spread that particular rumour. If it was the record company it was a particularly gruesome take on things involving their artists. The fans would have really good fun today discussing that album cover on the Internet!

People believe such peculiar things sometimes. Wasn't there a group years ago (was it Kiss) who released a single and if the B side was played at a different speed (yeah, that long ago!) it was supposedly satanic?

I post on a history of royalty forum and there is a small knot of people on there who will not believe that Kate Middleton, Prince William's wife, actually had a child (Prince George.) She's never been pregnant according to them, (too thin) so we get all sorts of rubbish about surrogates and false bellies and Kate's family fooling the Queen. Can you imagine the cast of hundreds that would be needed to pull something like that off successfully?!!

However, people always believe what they want to believe, don't they? Armstrong never went to the moon, Elvis is still serving at the 7/11, Prince George is an imposter and Paul McCartney has been dead for decades!!