I couldn't help myself, I bought this on ebay

This is the place for friendly chit-chat on off-topic subjects.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Aamartin

I couldn't help myself, I bought this on ebay

Post by Aamartin »

MysteryReader

Re: I couldn't help myself, I bought this on ebay

Post by MysteryReader »

Anthony,

You'll have to let us know how it is. It looks good :-)
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

I don't blame you for buying this item, Anthony. It appears to be in good shape, and the price isn't too bad.

The picture od Lizzie that is displayed in the case, has always been my favorite of her. I have thought for many years that I was born in the wrong century, because I have always loved the high-necked lacey collars, that was so popular in the Victorian Era. That particular dress/blouse on Lizzie, makes her appear to be a very feminine lady.
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Hey Aam:

I really like the one taken of Lizzie after the funeral.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :smile: :sad: :roll: :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Or the two Emmas when they were little girls. :roll: :alcohol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mbhenty on Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aamartin

Post by Aamartin »

I am not ashamed to admit-- I keep a flask on the side table next to my 'tv watching spot'.... Sometimes it stays full for weeks-- other times, not so much..
Aamartin

Post by Aamartin »

It is a lot nicer than I expected it to be!
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

I am so glad it turned out to be nicer than you thought it would be, Anthony! :grin: It looks very decorative in the place you have it. Thank you for posting a picture of it for us.
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

I've always hated shopping, probably because my mother grew up poor and wore hand-me-downs from her older sisters. Once she could afford clothes, she bought them! How she loved to try on dresses while my father sat patiently and told her what he liked and what he didn't...this went on forever or so it seemed to a kid who was bored beyond belief. So I online shop where I can find what I want for the right price in ten minutes and have it show up USPS in less than a week. I hope to live long enough for a drone to drop all my groceries right down the chimney. Enjoy the flask Anthony! I'm waiting for one with Captain Jack Sparrow. :smiliecolors:
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*
Even Paranoids Have Enemies

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear."
Aamartin

Post by Aamartin »

debbiediablo wrote:I've always hated shopping, probably because my mother grew up poor and wore hand-me-downs from her older sisters. Once she could afford clothes, she bought them! How she loved to try on dresses while my father sat patiently and told her what he liked and what he didn't...this went on forever or so it seemed to a kid who was bored beyond belief. So I online shop where I can find what I want for the right price in ten minutes and have it show up USPS in less than a week. I hope to live long enough for a drone to drop all my groceries right down the chimney. Enjoy the flask Anthony! I'm waiting for one with Captain Jack Sparrow. :smiliecolors:
I do think there should be more 'there's an app' for that shopping solutions. Like somehow being able to download a bottle of BBQ sauce I want for tonight for the pork ribs I bought Friday-- since I am too lazy to drive 15 miles to the nearest open grocery store!
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

I know exactly what you mean, Anthony. Iowa...a place to drive.
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*
Even Paranoids Have Enemies

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear."
MysteryReader

Post by MysteryReader »

Thanks for sharing a picture with us, Anthony! It looks nice in the place you've chosen for it.