Farewell Street House for Sale

This is the place for friendly chit-chat on off-topic subjects.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Farewell street

Farewell Street House for Sale

Post by Farewell street »

Is anyone interested in a piece of history. Currently for sale by owner at 995k. Pictures are online on Zillow and I can answer any questions you have. Many updates,but, still has the beautiful Victorian look.
adamcole

Re: Farewell Street House for Sale

Post by adamcole »

What sort of history does this house hold? Can i see a picture of the house and maybe i can tell you afterwards what are my reviews about it. I want a picture of the inside of the house as well, i am a student and i have to write my university assignments so better show me the picture of the library and the living room.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes by all means. But it must have a billiard room with enough space for five pool tables adorned in period paisley wall paper. And a gift wrapping room for wrapping birthday and christmas presents. My wife has many friends since that December 2011 Playboy centerfold spread she appeared in. She's very generous. (but only with me. I have the videos)

The house must be by the sea, with a deep water port so my Serbian and Croatian friends can visit when the sailing vessel Belgrade Liner docks in the back yard. Does the place come with servants? Of course they must dress themselves in historical attire. It is also imperative that George Washington had slept there, at least twice. (provenance required)

Now if a double axe murder happened in the place you must disclose the information. Its the law. And the place must come with an Irish maid. Preferably from Ballinora, southern Ireland in Cork County. She mustn't weigh less than 7 stone and not more than 5'2 without heels. I don't want my bamboo floors pucked by Stuart Weitzman stilettos or any other brand. Also, I don't want any hauntings. The alimony and child support I pay my last two wives is haunting enough for me. And I don't even have kids. Oh yes, and the place must havre been built before 1775. I'm a Tory, you see, and I don't want any conflict with colonial nationalists. If you don't have a photo an illustration by N.C. Wyeth would be acceptable. No Picasso's, please, he draws crooked roof lines.

ALL-ACCESS
STUART WEITZMAN
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

All kidding aside, I assume the building's that is for sale is the house where Lizzie stayed in for a short while, with friends, directly after the trial.

The price of the property reflects the real estate values of historical Newport, Rhode Island. No vinyl siding here folks. Removing the grass from the yard is a big minus. Makes it yard maintenance free, if that is your wish.

It appears that this property has been on the market several times in the past 6 or 7 years. If the info is correct you could have had it for 220,000 back in 2012.

And nope, George Washington never slept there.

:study:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Hello Danielle, welcome to the forum.
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

I's this the house where the picture with the chair was taken?
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:arrow: Yes :!:
Farewell street

Post by Farewell street »

House is back on the market after an extensive renovation.
Kat

Post by Kat »

https://www.trulia.com/p/ri/newport/43- ... 2283985544

looks like 43 Farewell St,Newport, RI sold?
(SEE LINK above)
Painted yellow and renovated?
one site says sold, another for rent…
if this link works, tap the picture, and there
should be 30 interior views. lots of fireplaces!
—————
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/43-F ... 7748_zpid/

another link to house/ this one zillow.
(SEE LINK above)
i really like this house style!

i’m using a tiny iphone until my wifi gets hooked up…plz excuse🐱
Kat

Post by Kat »

I've got my iPad up and running again so I can post the picture of 43 Farewell Street in Newport, RI in YELLOW.
I can't figure out where Lizzie was standing. I always thought it was at the end of the porch, but there's no "end of the porch." She definitely had her back to a wall, and it looked like a corner?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Is the exact location where the picture of Lizzie and the chair was taken known?
camgarsky4

Post by camgarsky4 »

Kat -- I think the casing in the photo is for a window and not a door The photo fades on all sides, so she could be anywhere on the porch. Seems best options are where the two arrows point. I would vote for the spot between the window and the front door.
Screenshot 2024-02-13 154438.png
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Gota visit it next time
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

I thought that was a corner too.