Other Interests

This is the place for friendly chit-chat on off-topic subjects.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Kat

Re: Other Interests

Post by Kat »

That would be nice, but I hesitate to fly...that's why I'm fantasizing. :grin:
I have a family member who is always traveling, and is using an RV, and having a really good time of it!
Last edited by Kat on Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kat

Post by Kat »

]🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈Friday Bowl game Alabama vs Cincinnatti, are they kidding???🏈🏈🏈🏈 :silly:
Kat

Post by Kat »

I've been watching The Cotten Bowl (we won) and The Orange Bowl (we're winning) and having a good time too, at the Victorian Trading Co. website, not shopping, just browsing!😇 Especially the sales. I've never bought anything there, and can't vouch for it, but love to look at it.
https://www.victoriantradingco.com/category/antiquities
Kat

Post by Kat »

Kat wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:08 pm
camgarsky4 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:30 am Chiefs are going to smoke the Giants Sunday!! Or at least they better. :cry:
--- partial

I'm trying to watch college football, but my teams are all playing each other! And no one can beat Georgia with Trevor Lawrence gone!🏈
Except Alabama (1 & 2🌟🏈)
camgarsky4

Post by camgarsky4 »

Going to be a great game!! So will Sunday's Chiefs-Bengals.

Happy New Year!!
Kat

Post by Kat »

Happy New Year to you too!
:colors: :compress: :colors: :compress: :colors: :compress: :colors: :colors: :colors:
Kat

Post by Kat »

and I don't think Georgia can beat Alabama :-?

Edited because I wanted to quote myself...see future post :arrow:
Last edited by Kat on Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Go to bed :!:
Kat

Post by Kat »

I'm spending time with Harry, in Stay To Tea, until Ancient Aliens marathon is over at 4...and had a few little Christmas cookies sent by youknowwho... :santa:
Kat

Post by Kat »

Geesh :!: it didn't look like KC had the will to win today...
ya gotta want it :!:
🏈
Kat

Post by Kat »

Well, I still have Stafford, my Georgia Bulldog!
🏈
Kat

Post by Kat »

:pirat: Is anyone watching The Curse of Oak Island, since forever?
O
M
G
When are they going to find the treasure!
They are essentially pulling an old ship out of the swamp plank by plank :!:
This could take the rest of their lives- those ships carrying cargo from the New World back to the Olde, were pretty huge!
My hair is turning white and I'm getting older by the minute! :pale:
Kat

Post by Kat »

I did it again! I needed a new calendar for 2022, walked out to the garage, reached into a box, pulled out an old (new, unused) one from 1983, and it worked! :wink:
I have an uncanny knack... :cool:
ps: the kittie is a "Scottish Fold."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Yippee!
My
DAWG
Won!!
:usa: 🏈 :cheers:
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:smile:

Yay :!:

They all made millions.

When does your check arrive. :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Kat

Post by Kat »

I've gotten every Super Bowl right for quite a long streak, now...except the year they wanted Peyton Manning with Denver to win so he could retire with a ring.
But I don't ever bet...
I did get a check, but it was for something else, altogether :wink:
I know you're joking around, but even folks who don't follow football watch the Super Bowl!

(I do admit the only half time show I ever watched was New Orleans in the Superdome with Beyoncé,2013. It was in the stadium where so many people had died from the hurricane disaster. I said what do you bet the place is haunted because of the tragedy, and something will happen at the game. Well, what do you know? The power went out at half-time! Never happened before or since. I joked that Beyoncé, after her set, must have tripped over the extension cord to the stadium on her way out. That was while it was happening while we were waiting for the power to come back on. That was WIERD :!: ) :cyclopsani:
Kat

Post by Kat »

Kat wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:14 am and I don't think Georgia can beat Alabama :-?

AND my Dawgs won the college championship this year, too!
👍🏼🏈💕
Kat

Post by Kat »

Well, you know I've outed myself about being an Ancient Aliens nerd. My recent pet peeve is that they are patting themselves on the back for the new open dialogue on UFOs (now called UAP by civilians and UAC by military), with other countries opening their "sightings" files.

They do deserve the pat, for keeping at it for more than 10 years. And it has removed the stigma from airline pilots and military flyers describing what they see and experience as no longer "crazy."

But enough on this new trend: my interest has, and will always be about ancient astronauts, and, if real, that influence on our past and current culture.👽

[UAP = Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon]
[UAC= Unidentified Aerial Craft- which I think is presumptuous, as it presupposes that the sighting is of an actual, real, material thing. It may not have substance. But since the military chose this, maybe they know it is a solid object? :wink: ] hmmmm....
Kat

The Dyatlov Pass Incident

Post by Kat »

Reasonwhy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:59 pm Kat,
Many years ago you had posted about “infrasound.” Is this the phenomenon to which you refer? Oddly, I saw that post of yours shortly after I had just read of infrasound as the speculated cause in Donnie Eichar’s
“Dead Mountain: The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass Incident.” In the last year or so, scientists seem to have agreed it was instead caused by an avalanche…please see my next post here…
Tonight at 9:02 EDST on History Channel is a repeat of a new 2022 episode of History's Greatest Mysteries called "The Dyatlov Pass Incident."
It's pretty well done, and very up-to-date. I think it has the most compelling "solution" to the mystery as any I've encountered: tho I still have questions...but oh well, it's a somewhat old case.

:idea:
Reasonwhy

Post by Reasonwhy »

Thanks for thinking of me, Kat! I’m just seeing this, too late to watch tonight, but will look it up and watch soon. Actually, still feeling under the weather from my second Moderna Covid booster I got Sat night. My husband and I both received this second booster but he has had few symptoms while I’ve had them all. Still, so grateful to be able to protect myself.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Those shows repeat at midnight, but there should be a "marathon" soon.
They gave 5 theories, and I agreed with their conclusions.

Sorry you're feeling ill- I know what you mean!
Just got my Pfizer booster this evening and a Chick-fil-a sandwich and chocolate chip cookie!🍪
Now I'm getting my side effects, 5:00 a.m.
The pharmacist said the Pfizer was a full dose each time, and the Google said Moderna was 1/2 dose as booster.
Miss you!
Reasonwhy

Post by Reasonwhy »

I hope your booster didn’t hit you too hard. At least you can feel like you’re “home” now to rest and recoup; that is, I hope your new apartment is feeling like home :) Starting to be spring in earnest here now—I wore sandals today, and tomorrow it’s supposed to reach 83 degrees. Joy to see the grass turning bright green. Happy Easter, Kat!
Last edited by Reasonwhy on Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Oh it hit hard, but supposedly the harder it hits, the more it was needed.
I'm glad you are taking care of yourself!
And yes, I'm blessed to feel "at home" already in my new place!🎯
It's a fun community- it's too bad I'm not socializing much.
Happy Easter!
Kat

Post by Kat »

Hola! Yea! Talking football!
This past season everyone was going for it on 4th down -which I love- so that firstandtenrunitupthemiddle play is not such a disappointment to me as it had been😉
Kat

Post by Kat »

I am addicted to “Air Disasters” at the moment on Smithsonian channel on TV.
It’s like crime scene detection- gotta keep those skills honed!
I’ve marathoned so many now, I think I can land a crippled plane! But my sister says “No way.”😉
Kat

Post by Kat »

[Edit post abt football KK]
Last edited by Kat on Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Still watching Air Disasters marathons when I can.
There was an episode I hadn’t seen before:
(Lots of edits here- it’s on again now)
Deadly Crossroads, S18/E16:

It was a flight with all the superior intelligent children from Russia (Moscow) (49 of them) to Germany.
Their guide took them to the wrong airport, so when they got to the right one they had to wait 2 days for a new charter flight. Then they boarded and the plane was not cleared to take off for 2 hours.

They finally were within an hour from their destination, but with only 1 air controller on duty, they were accidentally allowed to drop altitude upon their own request, and the controller became busy with a third airliner. Meanwhile, there was a Russian cargo plane coming at them, at their new altitude- at night.
When noticed finally by the traffic controller he told them to reduce their altitude to miss the other plane, but the other planes automated system told them to reduce altitude!

So they ended up colliding anyway!

It almost seemed like they were fated to meet in midair, no matter what!

Then, at the end, a man who had lost his son and daughter and wife (his whole family) in the crash, tracked down the air traffic controller and stabbed him to death!
😮

The point of the show is the story (so you meet the passengers and pilot and care about them) and
then the rigorous investigation begins, finding parts, and the black boxes, interviewing witnesses, and piecing the puzzle together as to what happened, and then they write the determination and make recommendations to the aviation safety board to inspire or require changes made in the industry so that issue will hopefully never happen again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kat on Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kat

Other Interests

Post by Kat »

Preseason Football!
(Check local channels for listings)

:cheers:
Plz clic on pic to make bigger
Kat

Post by Kat »

I also like true crime and tv shows like “Forensic Files” and “Forensic Files II.”
But on Lifetime Channel they have premiered the Lifetime movie about the Murdaugh murders- the trial was at the beginning of this year, in S.C. I’ve spent a lot of time in Charleston (not lately), so a regional movie appealed to me after following the crime, on newsfeeds (not online discussion groups).
Yesterday they showed the whole 4 hours- one part was 2 hours and second part was 2 hours.
First show was actually Saturday night at 8- and I gave up Saturday football to watch (and Ancient Aliens!) knowing I’d be giving up 2 hours of football on Sunday too!

It was really intense and Bill Pullman as Alex Murdaugh was excellent!
Murdaugh (pronounced “Murdick”) apparently was taking handfuls of narcotic pills worth thousands of dollars a week (in the 5 figures) when he shot his wife and son.
I’m sure it will be repeated.
Kat

Post by Kat »

The Haunting of Hill House, the scariest movie (and book) ever —on TCM now!
Harry and I used to quote each other from that movie:
“ We couldn't even hear you, in the night....
No one could. No one lives any nearer than town. No one else will come any nearer than that."
"I know," Eleanor said tiredly.
"In the night," Mrs. Dudley said, and smiled outright. "In the dark," she said...
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Hey Kat:

I was taking my boat out of the water this week when I was approached by an environmental policeman. Of course my boat was not registered. Never got around to it. He was nice enough to cut me some slack. As I was standing and talking to him I noticed his name tag. Mullaly. I asked him if he was related to Michael Mullaly of Lizzie fame. He was. Michael Mullaly was his great, great uncle. And he was a cop also. Interesting. You may ask Stefani about it.
Kat

Post by Kat »

That’s incredible! Did you ask a lot of questions? That’s like her running into “Mr. P.”
Kat

Other Interests

Post by Kat »

Yes, talked to Stef, thanks!
……………
Tonight I caught a new show, season 1, episode 3 -for the first time- it was on the updates to the Holloway case. Love her or hate her: Nancy Grace - at least she got straight to the topic, 40 minutes on Holloway and then the last 10 min. or so on domestic violence (unrelated topic and no segue).
camgarsky4

Post by camgarsky4 »

I am also an addict to the Forensic Files! That and Law & Order are about all I watch on 'regular' TV besides football.
Kat

Other Interests

Post by Kat »

Do you watch Forensic Files II, also? Stef and I are really glad that show was extended.

The football has been edge-of-the-seat this year—even games where I don’t care who wins! Really exciting play! Watching reruns of games I missed during the week, on NFL channel.
Last night was Browns/Ravens, right now is LAC/Lions. Tight games! And I don’t get streaming Thursday night football, but found I can get it after midnight on NFL channel, so I have back to back games tonight!