New Book by Forum Member

This is the place for friendly chit-chat on off-topic subjects.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Stefani

New Book by Forum Member

Post by Stefani »

Mbhenty has just published a new book, a sequel to his fabulous Point Road. I highly recommend it, not only because I published it, but because it is a great read.

PERCHANCE FREEDOM

Upon the insistence of a friend, Emily White becomes a journalist in the coastal city of New Bedford, away from the yawning, farming community of Westport, where she lives. At the Daily Whaler, where the salt and pepper of everyday living is spliced into the printed word, she discovers her fascination with reporting on the more serious infractions of life—murder.

Unexpectedly, along with employment comes the indoctrination into a confidential society—one that deals with the heinous transgressions of abduction and the daring exploits of rescue and deliverance. To Emily, this is an adventure worth exploring. The time is 1861, and with civil war unfolding in the south, New Bedford has become a sacrarium by which southern slaves navigate salvation, away from bondage, and discover safe passage north to Canada on the rails of the Underground Railroad.

Though young Emily is immersed in the typical duties of reporting everyday life, both mundane and wicked, Underground Rail obligations draw her in. Before long, she finds herself on a ship south and a secret mission of inquiry and danger. Soon, the unexpected pragmatism of subjugation opens her eyes wide. And as she defies the brutality and injustice of plantation life, and the reality of her undisclosed investigation is exposed, it becomes more likely that Emily will never see her loving Westport ever again.
PFCoverBrimbau.jpg
Available on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Perchance-Freedo ... 098190436X
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Read Mondo Lizzie!
https://lizzieandrewborden.com/MondoLizzie/

Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Kat

Re: New Book by Forum Member

Post by Kat »

Well, congratulations, MB!! You've been creatively busy, producing a book! That's wonderful!📚
Stef, if that is your design, then once again your genius shines! 🌟
Yay! 📕 And now I know what book y'all've been reading! :wink:
Stefani

Re: New Book by Forum Member

Post by Stefani »

It is my design with tons of input by the author. It was a chore to get that red color right. It kept printing burgundy, which is not what we wanted. It went though four or five redesigns. Standard for me when doing a book cover. My aim is to make the client happy. And an author's input is essential. the basic idea was mine but the over all finished product was a team effort.

Michael thanks you kindly for your compliment.
Read Mondo Lizzie!
https://lizzieandrewborden.com/MondoLizzie/

Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.