Thoughts on Lizzie: The Musical?

This is the place for friendly chit-chat on off-topic subjects.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

brianmoralss

Thoughts on Lizzie: The Musical?

Post by brianmoralss »

Hello! I have always been interested in the case of the Borden's but the thing that molded my interest into fascination was actually the Lizzie Borden musical. You see, I am an aspiring, student costume designer and for competition have to create 5 costume designs for a musical of my choosing. I stumbled upon the Lizzie Borden musical and was hooked. It is a 4-women rock musical that stars, Lizzie and Emma Borden, Bridget Sullivan, and Alice Russel. Naively, taking everything the songs said as fact, I did some extra research and found it is largely based on theory and glamorous retellings of Lizzie's life. So after a few months of lurking, I wanted to ask, what do all of you think of this musical? Have any of you listened to it? And, as you are all more knowledgeable in this case than I, do you have any advice or tidbits on how to make my costumes reminiscent of the real woman Lizzie was (beyond historical accuracy haha)?

Thank you so much for reading!! I am so happy to have found this forum and learn so much about this case. :grin:
amandapoosalot

Re: Thoughts on Lizzie: The Musical?

Post by amandapoosalot »

yes! i love this musical even though it is not historically accurate! thank you for bringing it to this forum!! i can’t wait to read everyone else’s thoughts
amandapoosalot

Post by amandapoosalot »

:smiliecolors:
amandapoosalot

Post by amandapoosalot »

hey!