Has it ever Happened ?

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Fargo

Has it ever Happened ?

Post by Fargo »

When I first drove to the Lizzie house and saw the bed and breakfast sign outside on the sidewalk, in front of the house, a thought came to mind.

Have any tourists came to Fall River looking for lodging and seen the bed and breakfast sign and the house not knowing the story behind it.

If so did these people inquire about staying the night while assuming that this was just a regular bed and breakfast and that Lizzie Borden was the current owner of the bed and breakfast ?

If so did these people get as far as making lodging there and not finding out about the Lizzie story until the tour later that night.

I mean it would seem quite possible that this could happen.

Has it ever happened ?
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
jcurry

Post by jcurry »

That would make an interesting short story, fargo.

There is this about such a visit to the B&B, sort of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT1xwdIA2TA
Societygirl1892

Has It Ever Happened?

Post by Societygirl1892 »

Fargo,
One of the many times my husband and I stayed at B&B when Martha McGinn owned it, one of the guests there with us that night was an elderly priest. He was travelling from parish to parish, and was booked at the B&B by his superiors because it was in close proximity to the church across the street, I think it's St. Mary's Church? He knew nothing about the house, nor the history of it, and was quite surprised when he learned what had happened there. I have to say the priest was almost 90 years old and didn't seem to fazed by the "relevation". He said it was comfortable and he slept wonderfully and then walked across the street to the Church. He was only booked there the one night.
I have to say he seemed to be an unlikely guest for the B&B but he enjoyed his stay.
Pammie
Pammie :-)
patsy

Post by patsy »

Interesting thought. It probably could happen more than we know. I've come across quite a few people who don't even know who Lizzie Borden was. For shame I say, hahaaa! I knew about her way back as a child in IL but not sure how my knowledge came about.

Thanks for the youtube. All they ever learned about anger management huh. lol