Spring 2015

Meet up, connect, make travel plans, and organize face-to-face get togethers in Fall River.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

LisaAnn

Spring 2015

Post by LisaAnn »

Yes, it is over a year away, but I am happy to say that the Victorian Ladies group I belong to are in the early stages of planning a trip to Fall River Spring of 2015. I have driven close by on a few trips through New England but never had the chance to visit so I am really looking forward to this. I am sure I will picking your brains closer to the time as we make more concrete plans for our trip.
LisaAnn
"Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle." - Lewis Carroll
NancyDrew

Re: Spring 2015

Post by NancyDrew »

LisaAnn: I live only 30 miles from the Borden house. If I'm still on this forum when you take your trip, please feel free to send me a private message. I would love to accompany you and group, if you will allow me the pleasure!

Prepare to be a bit disappointed by the neighborhood. The Borden house still stands, and, from what I understand, looks as it did back in 1892. But it is the ONLY thing that does. It is an industrial/commercial area.
Nadzieja

Post by Nadzieja »

I agree NancyDrew. It is the only thing that is left. Directly across the street is the gigantic courthouse that was just built not long ago.
Mara

Post by Mara »

It's interesting to use the Google Maps "street view" feature to explore the neighborhood as it exists today. At least a form of Dr. Kelly's house remains, no longer with the appendage that so marred our appreciation of how the two houses once corresponded .

I hope you'll share your reflections and photos with us ;)
Nadzieja

Post by Nadzieja »

Sorry I haven't been on for a few days. A friend & co-worker totally unexpectedly passed away on Thurs. I was scheduled to work the weekend and today is my first day off. I'll be going to his wake tomorrow evening. However, I will look at some of my photos & post what I have. I don't have too much of the street but I know I have some of Maplecroft and some of the Highlands. We went to Fall River & just walked around & snapped photos of some of the houses. I just love "street hiking" and looking at old homes. So give me a little time & I'll see what I have.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Nadzieja, I am so sorry to hear about your friend and co-worker. I will keep you in my prayers.
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )