A medium's opinion on the case

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Kat

Post by Kat »

When it comes to Sylvia Browne, I used to listen to her- and like her. . . .Back in the old days. And Jeanne Dixon, as well as Ruth Montgomery.
I stopped reading Montgomery when her *Walk-Ins* began to take over everything she published. Otherwise I had read all her work. Dixon got a bit lazy in her later years as has Brown. That's my own opinion about Browne. Now she sounds like a smoker/drinker joined-at-the-hip with Montel. (Not saying she is- just that her voice sounds like that.) I think she's coasting on past laurels. She does have an interesting body of work, but I think she should retire.

Do you know her?
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Partial quote by Yooper @ Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:55 pm wrote:I meant no offense Judy, I used the term "legitimate" myself with respect to "psychic" in an earlier post. I understand your meaning, legitimate rather than a charlatan, and that's what I was referring to also. ...
Jeff, I wasn't offended - I was more surprised than anything. I knew you had also used the word in a couple of previous posts, so I was surprised when you said "legitimate psychic" is redundant. I, in turn, overreacted - I should not have posted the last line in my last post - it was uncalled for, and I am sorry for that.

Partial quote by Yooper @ Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:55 pm wrote:... If I understood William's point correctly, he was referring to an "illegitimate psychic" being a misnomer with respect to psychic ability. The term may tend to addresses the individual, not the ability. He may also have been referring to a lack of "credentials" based upon a lack of parameters for determining psychic ability. ...
Hopefully, William will give us his input on this.

Partial quote by Yooper @ Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:55 pm wrote:... In any event, it is a minor point, and it's clear what is meant by "legitimate", it refers to actually having psychic ability rather than pretending to have psychic ability.
Thank you for saying is a minor point, and that I was clear in my meaning of the word "legitimate". You are absolutely right in what I was referring to. We are on the same page! :grin:
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
DJ

Post by DJ »

I don't know Sylvia, but I got interested in her because I had two dream experiences involving deceased friends. The "settings" were entirely different, but, while reading one of Sylvia books, she described them exactly. "I had goosebumps all over my body," as Jonathon Winters puts it.
So, that rendered Sylvia more "legitimate," if you will, for me.
However, I'm inclined to agree with you-- she seems worn out, barely able to make it from the wings to her chair on "Montel." I'll also concur that Jeanne Dixon seemed threadbare toward the end. Perhaps it's overuse/overextension of abilities. Sylvia claims a reading takes a great deal out of the reader, and it stands to reason that it's a massive drain of mental energy.
If I could have a session, it would be to be put under for a "past-life regression," with the tape recorder running.
One of the most debated lines of poetry is Alexander Pope's "Oh, blindness to the future, kindly giv'n."
It definitely works both ways.
Kat

Post by Kat »

I posted about my own *past-life regression*- it's around here somewhere. My friends took a course and tried out their new expertise on me. :smile:

I think what really happened was I was seeing the future, but in the guise of the past- or else I was that in the past and also made to repeat a similar experience in the future.
Confusing, huh?
Or I invented the whole thing from my imagination, which would mean that I was only seeing the future, and had no past life. . .
Kat

Post by Kat »

BTW: I was raised on Edgar Cayce, and the others I mentioned- since I was 16.
I made a special report lecture for extra credit, in 7th grade Science Class, on Poltergeist, c. 1963. No one was talking about poltergeist back then! :batman: