My "Who-Done-It" Theory. Very long...

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Smudgeman

Post by Smudgeman »

Please don't get me started on the O.J. murder case. He is absolutely 100% guilty, no arguments needed. My opinion, my belief.
RayS

Post by RayS »

Smudgeman @ Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:33 pm wrote:Please don't get me started on the O.J. murder case. He is absolutely 100% guilty, no arguments needed. My opinion, my belief.
OK, but I was not the one who raised this topic. Rick Geary correctly links OJ w/ Lizzie as people who were found not guilty, but convicted in the court of public opinion.

Or were they? I noticed that Entertainer Leno hasn't spouted OJ jokes for some years. Or am I missing something?

So what about the Marilyn Sheppard murder? Was it someone who lived in that house, or an intruder? That's another famous unsolved murder.
1bigsteve

Post by 1bigsteve »

Elizabelle @ Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:34 am wrote:
Angel @ Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:02 am wrote:One question--- if the man dashed upstairs in a mad panic to hide as quickly as he could, where did the axe come from? He certainly wouldn't be carrying one around with him.
I believe he was carrying a very small pick ax on him. Probably no longer than six inches to eight inches in length. That is why it so difficult to hit Abby hard enough to cause damage. He was very strong, and was hitting her as hard as he could, but the tool was so small that it was actually quite hard to handle. He had to "overkill" her to make sure she was dead. That's why later, I assume he thought to himself that "it would have been easier to kill her if it was a larger hatchet."

You know Elizabelle, you just might have something here in regards to the short hatchet. I had never thought about the killer using a short-handled hatchet. It would be easier to hide on himself and it would help to explain why the hatchet wounds were so shallow; lack of leverage. Maybe the multiple blows were not the result of pure hatered but rather the attempt by the killer to make sure the victims were in fact dead. Perhaps there wasn't even a handle at all just the steel head itself. Just a hatchet head or a short-handled hatchet could explain why no one saw a man carrying a bloody hatchet. He could just wipe it off and slip it into his pocket. No one being the wiser.

Even if Lizzie had been using the handle-less hatched head she still would have gotten some blood on her hair even if she had been wearing an over-dress. She never had the chance to shampoo and if she had been wearing a sac over her head the heat and exertion would have created sweat that would have dampened her hair. The other women said Lizzie looked in "pristine" (my word) condition.

What if the Borden's handless-hatchet was the murder weapon and was wrapped in something to prevent blood from getting all over it or it was wrapped in something to protect the killer's hands from the jagged wood? Maybe there was not as much blood splattering onto the hatchet head as what we always thought there would be. Anyone ever do an experiment?

I think this is something I can chew on. :study:

-1bigsteve (o:
"All of your tomorrows begin today. Move it!" -Susan Hayward 1973