A Little More on My Relationship To Lizzie

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

W Brayton Cook

A Little More on My Relationship To Lizzie

Post by W Brayton Cook »

First I'd just like to say that this forum is addicting. You all have done an amazing amount of research and work on this topic. It is difficult to know what has and has not been covered so my apologies in advance if I post inforamtion that you have already uncovered or discussed.

I have had some helpful conversations with the Curator of the Fall River Historical Society. He too was interested in Arthur Borden Brayton. They have a lot on the other Brayton lines but not much on Arthur's side.

Arthur was my great grandfather. He was Lizzie's cousin and a contemporary of hers. Arthur was born on November 4, 1864, died January 27, 1931. Arthur's great, great grand mother and Lizzie's great great grandfather were brother and sister.

Apprently Fall River at the time was dominated by three families: the Brayton's, Durfees and Bordens. There was alot of inter-marrying between the three.

Arthur was the Assistant Clerk of the City when the murders occured. He went on to become the City Clerk in 1898.

I'm going to keep a sharp eye out for papers, letters and journal's etc dating from 1892.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Thanks for the update!
I think a lot of people are interested - even if they didn't respond- a lot read your post.

A few here can do genealogy searches if you need something that you get stuck on.