"Go and Do and Have"

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Susan

Post by Susan »

We don't know if Lizzie had money as a schoolgirl.
I think she was a teen when the piano lessons came up.
Thanks, Kat. For some reason I was under the impression that Lizzie was taking piano lessons in her 20s.

I thought of another thing that sounds like Lizzie was being picky about and wanting it her perfect way, the house when it was painted. She was in charge of picking the colors and the painter had to mix it up until it satisfied her. The perfect shade of Drab. :wink:
Kat

Post by Kat »

I think the family had a piano, so Lizzie could have kept it up if she had a mind to, I suppose.
The painting of the house is funny! :smile:
Len and Bill discussed "Drab" for eons apparently.
It sounds maybe like a control thing with Lizzie.
Lizzie is not the mistress of the house yet is allowed the choice of color and gets up early to do it, yet!
Susan

Post by Susan »

From what I've seen, most control freaks want or have to do things themselves as they see other people will screw it up. Which still kind of fits the perfectionist slant.

So, what did Len and Bill come up with on Drab, my curiosity is piqued. :roll:
Kat

Post by Kat »

drabgreen or drabgray.
The house was eventually painted to conform to a model made up which was selling in some gift shop.
The owners didn't at first go drabanything- they thought the model-maker knew the color and so went with that. That was in the beige with brownish trim days.
It's still a funny story- thinking of those two digging up everything- testimony- including dictionary definitions of drab to talk the other into their version of drab! :smile:
Susan

Post by Susan »

:lol: Thanks, Kat, kind of reminds me of the discussion we had on the forum awhile ago about the house color. I wonder if anyone has or considered doing a paint analysis on the house? It would be interesting to see what Lizzie's actual choice of color Drab it was.
Kat

Post by Kat »

I think Bill said that Lizzie painted Maplecroft gray which shocked me. I asked about a two-tone and I think he said 2 tone gray.
I'm thinking, "Why is Lizzie painting houses drab gray"?
Why not some pizzazzaz?
Susan

Post by Susan »

Well, at least she did a two-tone paint job like was originally on Maplecroft when she and Emma took it over. I think it was about the early 1900s when painting your entire house white came into vogue. But, I totally see what you mean about needing some pizzazz; Drab, Gray, blend into the background or what? :roll: