Anna Howland Borden

This the place to have frank, but cordial, discussions of the Lizzie Borden case

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

icghosts

Anna Howland Borden

Post by icghosts »

Anna Howland Borden 1858-Sept 5 1940 is buried in Oak Grove Cemetery in Fall River.

Anna was a cousin of Emma and Lizzie, and in 1890 she was Lizzie's travelling companion when they took the "Grand tour of Europe." But In the book Lizzie Borden past & present by Leonard Rebello it states that "Miss Anna H. and Miss Carrie Borden were not related to Lizzie Borden". This information came from trial transcripts. So was Anna the cousin of Emma and Lizzie?
Kat

Post by Kat »

Sometimes, when the relationship is very distant, some people say there is no direct claim of kinship. Here is a Genealogy I whipped up for you on Anna H. and Carrie Borden. Apparently their greatgrandfathers were brothers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gary

Post by Gary »

My computer won't download the information presented above. Is it me or my computer?

Gary
Kat

Post by Kat »

I don't know if it is your computer, but it must be frustrating!

Can you see this?

Kat

Post by Kat »

Please let me know if you can see this, Gary. If not I will type it out here. :smile:
hhtiles

Post by hhtiles »

Cook Borden, son of Thomas, cousin of Abraham, grandfather of Grace Hartley Howe - you left Cook out, another important person in the borden geneology. He lived on 4th diag from whiteheads.
Kat

Post by Kat »

That's the Richard Borden120 family, but that wasn't the question.
If you'd like to include a partial tree with Richard's children, you're welcome to.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Here is a topic of info on Grace Howe's side of the family:

http://www.lizzieandrewborden.com/Archi ... eyHowe.htm