*92 Second St House Plans*

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Kat

Post by Kat »

1st floor, 2nd floor and cellar. So far, we have no plans for the attic.
Bill Pavao, past Curator at 92 Second St, and author Len Rebello, provided the measurements of house and rooms, first 2 stories.
Kat Koorey provided adapted cellar plans from Kieran's trial exhibit (Knowlton Papers),with annotations according to testimony. (Subsequently published in The Hatchet, title "Borden House Frame By Frame, part 4.")
I did not make this offering in the Lizzie Borden section because constant new topics would bury this thread very soon :santa:
When you click on cellar pic it should display perpendicular. If not, please let me know.
Images available for you to download or copy for your own personal files but not to be commercially published, thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kat on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reasonwhy

Re: 92 Second St House Plans

Post by Reasonwhy »

Your cellar plan is terrific, Kat. Thanks for all of these.
Kat

Post by Kat »

You're welcome!šŸ
mbhenty

Re: *92 Second St House Plans*

Post by mbhenty »

:scratch: :alcohol:

Here you go :!:

Nail a big unsightly sign to the front of an historical dwelling. How crude is that. The house is promoted as an historical structure. But in reality it's all about money and the sign gives the house a carnival atmosphere. Why else would you deface a archival structure with such an ugly placard. Especially when there's a patch of grass off to the right where they could have placed the sign on a post..... still would be ugly.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxrsVV5N06I)

:study:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kat

Post by Kat »

It is ugly! Do they need a permit for that? Thereā€™s 3 signs! Do I recall, in the past, the B&B wanting that smaller ā€œAndrew J.Borden Houseā€ sign, and it taking a long time for approval of it? :scratch:
But yes, the placard looks like sideshow signage.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes it is.

And they should have not removed Trafton's name from the historical plaque. For years it was known as the Trafton house. It should read as "Trafton and Borden house. Charles Trafton, the fellow who built the house had lived there for 27 years and was the original owner before Borden purchased it in 1872.

Below is a closeup photo of the sign and another photo with the plaque reading, Charles Trafton House.... with Len Rebello sitting comfortably. (taken by yours, simply)

https://lizzieandrewborden.com/HatchetO ... urder.html
Kat

Post by Kat »

Thanks for the link!

I just noticed the tasteful sign has been adulterated!
A hatchet has been added.